*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493603-Night-Noises
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#493603 added March 9, 2007 at 12:18am
Restrictions: None
Night Noises
8 Ala 163 B.E. - Friday, March 09, 2007

Living with cats guarantees some very interesting and strange night noise. During the day cats are graceful, beautiful creatures that can walk across a tight rope without falling off. During the day they can walk among lead crystal statues on top of a book shelf without knocking them off and braking them. However, after dark they change and become clumsy. They knock things off everything they jump onto or off after the sun goes down.

I go to bed and hear things fall. I hear noises in the house and think someone has broken in. I pick up the phone and carry it into the other room. I see no human. The only creatures present in the room (besides myself are the cats). I look around and can find nothing out of place. Still I heard something fall, so what did they knock off. I don’t find that out until the next day.

I have one cat, Prince, that’s afraid of the dark or afraid of being in a room by himself. I haven’t figured out which it is yet. Anyway he at night he walks through the house yowling and moaning. I yell at him and he continues the ruckus until he finds me. His method of finding me isn’t to walk toward my voice. Instead, he goes from room to room yowling until he finds the room I’m in. Once he finds me he is happy and goes off to lay down somewhere.

I’ve heard of people being afraid of things that go bump in the night. In my house, when something goes bump it the night, it means that cats are at it again. Knocking thing off and generally making their presence known. I’ve go one cat (I haven’t figured out which cat does this) that knocks invisible items off the dresser or the table or the cabinet. The reason I say invisible is that I never find what he knocks off. I even heard him break stuff in the middle of the night and never found anything broken the next morning. I know this sounds weird, but it happens.

Between Prince and his yowling and his brother or sister who knocks invisible stuff off the dresser I’m lucky to get any sleep at all. When I hear something fall off a table or a dresser and find an item on the floor the next day I’m happy. Then there is Midnight and Lion, who can open the cabinet doors. I go to bed and I hear a door opening and closing, sounds as if someone is entering the house. I get up and check, only to find that either Midnight, Lion or both are playing with the cabinets in the kitchen again. They can also opening the sliding closet doors and the door to the linen closet. They haven’t figured out how to open the china closet door, yet. I’m waiting for that to occur. Without cats, my life would be so dull, I’d probably get more sleep or maybe not.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493603-Night-Noises