*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494065-Thoughts-on-Springing-Forward-and-Falling-Backward
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#494065 added March 10, 2007 at 5:42pm
Restrictions: None
Thoughts on Springing Forward and Falling Backward
9 Ala 163 B.E. - Saturday, March 10, 2007

It’s almost time to spring forward again. We will all become one hour older without any effort, on the bright side in the fall we’ll become one hour younger again. Just think once a year we can travel forward in time, but then in the fall we travel back in time again.

All this springing forward in the spring and falling backward in the fall could be dangerous. We need to be careful about hurting ourselves. Let’s face it a person could spring an ankle really bad by springing forward in the spring, not to mention the danger of falling backward. You could hurt you back fall backward.

I sprung my ankles when I was in high school. It had nothing with the time change. I step out of the cab of a pickup truck and fell into a ditch. OK, so I wasn’t looking where I was stepping. It was night (which is no excuses since I knew the ditch was there). I got out of the pickup in front of my house. My stepfather always parked the pickup in front of the house by the ditch. I knew the ditch was there, my mind was on something else and I wasn’t watching were I was going. I’m luck I didn’t break both ankles instead of springing them.

I also fell backwards. The falling backwards incident occurred in Las Vegas. I think we lived on Oahu at the time. I was sitting in a chair at the kitchen table. I leaded the chair back on two legs and toppled over. I thought that the chair was close enough to the wall so that it wouldn’t fall. I was lucky I didn’t hurt myself. I must have a guardian angel because I can think of a lot of incidents in my life that I could either have hurt myself badly but didn’t.

So as you are springing forward be careful and don’t hurt yourself.



© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/494065-Thoughts-on-Springing-Forward-and-Falling-Backward