*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496736-Naw-Ruz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#496736 added March 21, 2007 at 8:59pm
Restrictions: None
Naw-Ruz
1 Baha 164 B.E. - Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A new year has begun. Spring has begun. The transformation of the natural world occurs as blossom-by-blossom flowers bloom. The idea is to begin anew, spring brings a new look to gardens and trees.

I didn’t get spring cleaning completed before the new year begun. So now I have to complete that. I was going to attempt to complete this particular blog before Ridvan, but I’m not sure now that will occur. I would have to make at least two entries a day. I’m lucky to make one entry a day. I think I’ll cut back on a lot of non essentials in my life. Focus on getting my life and job together in Baha. That’s only nineteen day, not very long to accomplish such a big task especially since I’m the only one at home to do the house work.

My mother is still in the hospital. She had a bawl resection on Monday. Monday was her 86th birthday. I miss her. My life seems caught in a time bubble, with difficulties repeating and repeating. I know that tests are to be expected, but it seems lately that every little thing is a tests. I think I need to take a new approach or perhaps I just need a vacation. It could also be that I need to see a doctor and get back on my meds.

Time seems to pass slowly, but that is supposed to indicate novelty. At least according to Rodger K. Pittman, M.D., he says that the more new things we do the more episodic memory we create and the more time stretch out. That’s an interesting concept. His essay in Sixty Things To Do When You’re Sixty 60 is Rejuvenate your mind. One of the suggestions is to find new experiences.

Well I’m living a new experience. I drive to the hospital twice a day to see my mother. The first week she was in I stay up there as long as possible. Now I’m going twice a day and staying only an hour or two each time. The unit she’s in at present has visiting hours from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. They discourage you from staying all night because they want the patients to get their rest. I’m going to leave and go back to the hospital in a few minutes. I have a load of laundry in now and I don’t like to leave the house with either the washer or dryer running.

I went to the Naw-Ruz celebration at the Baha’i Center last night. I bought myself a new set of screwdrivers last night also. I like myself out of my house and thought I could use the set use to take the doorknob off and get in that way. I ended up braking into the patio and getting the ladder that’s kept there and climbing into a window. I still have to replace the screen on the window I climbed in, but it’s easy to replace. However, I did get into the house without calling a locksmith.

The reason I locked myself out was the doorknob or rather the lock. It doesn’t work and if I lock that door the key I have won’t unlock it. The key is bent and the lock in the doorknob is broken or bad. Anyway, I’m now more careful about making sure it’s not locked. The screen to that door is a security screen and it has a secure lock.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/496736-Naw-Ruz