*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497922-Making-My-Own-Coffee-and-Other-Miscellaneous-Topics
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#497922 added March 27, 2007 at 12:27pm
Restrictions: None
Making My Own Coffee and Other Miscellaneous Topics
7 Baha 164 B.E. - Tuesday, March 27, 2007

For the past week two weeks, I’ve been making my own coffee. Normally my mother makes it, but she is in the hospital. I have two coffee makers. One is an aluminum percolator that my brother got us for Hanukah a couple of years ago and the other is a drip pot that I got with some HomeScan points last year. The last two day I’ve made the coffee in the drip pot, but today I decided to use the aluminum one. It’s nice to know that I haven’t forgotten how to make good coffee in the past two or three years.

There is a lot I’m doing around the house now that Mom’s in the hospital, but I can’t get everything I want done in one day. Mom always complained that she couldn’t get everything done. Now I know what she means. Of course, she never asked for help and when asked if she needed help she would say no. Mom never liked to ask for assistance on anything. She’s always been independent. Being in the hospital and unable to do anything at home or go any place is causing her to complain. She wants to come home and do things around the house.

Anyway, besides making my own coffee, I’m making my own meals. Right now I’m eating left overs. There is no use getting anything new in the store until I’ve finished off what’s in the frig. Today I think I’ll have peanut butter sandwiches and fruit. I have a dish of fruit in the frig that I need to eat up today. I also have cereal, but that’s not left over from any meal.

I’m trying to do, at least, three reviews a day. I need to pay for an upgrade on or by the 31st. Not sure yet how I’m going to do that, but I’ve got a few days and miracles do happen. They’ve been happening for me for the past several days, maybe even few months. I’m going to stop complaining about what I don’t have or can’t do. It doesn’t help and it only makes things worse.

I was going on pilgrimage at the end of May, but due to recent happenings I had to conceal that. I’m going to take the next chance at pilgrimage, I get. In fact, I’m going to do a lot of thing I’ve been putting off. I’m making a list of Sixty Things to do in my Sixth Decade. Maybe I’ll post that to this blog when I get it completed.

I’ve set a schedule to get online. I don’t get online between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or between 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. I’m thinking of changing the Saturday and Sunday schedule so that I can get on anytime, but I probably won’t do that until after Ridvan. I go to see Mom twice and day and then I have stuff around the house to do. There has to be a way to get it all done, short of calling in help. I don’t want to get anybody in to help until after I have the house or at least the living room, dinning room, breakfast room and kitchen cleaned up. I’m not too worried about the bedrooms at this point. I do have a spear bedroom that I could rent if it had a bed and chest of draws in it. There is a dresser in that room, but I need to empty it before I can let anyone else use it.

I seem to be rambling in this entry. I didn’t have anything in mind when I started it except to write about the coffee. I’m going to have to go get some gas before going to see Mom this morning. I went to Food4Less last night to get some cat litter. I received a coupon for 5 cents off their gas station prices. The only problem is that I need to drive to the store on Bonanza. I think I’ll do that, I got the coupon so it was meant for me to use it.

Yesterday, I left Mom’s teeth with her. The doctor has put her on solid food again. Last night she had mashed potatoes and gravy and beef stew. Geeze I wish I was eating that well. I’m just not going to get any more food until I’ve finished the left overs. No use in letting good food goes to waste.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/497922-Making-My-Own-Coffee-and-Other-Miscellaneous-Topics