*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498294-Momentary-Attacks-of-CRS
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#498294 added March 29, 2007 at 12:21pm
Restrictions: None
Momentary Attacks of CRS
9 Baha 164 B.E. - Thursday, March 29, 2007

I’ve been having momentary attacks of Can’t Remember Shit lately. The most recent attack has to do with a poem I wrote and submitted to "Invalid Item"   [] by A Guest Visitor . The title of the poem is "Invalid Item"   [] by A Guest Visitor and when I saved it, I realize I didn’t rate it. The rating I’d intended was 13+. Anyway, I had to go back and put a rating on it. The problem was I forgot how to edit it. OK, I had a good excuse for both, actually a couple of good excuses.

First, one of the cats (I think it was Prince this time) was sitting and walking on my shoulder purring. Who can work with a cat purring and putting his claws in your shoulder? His claws penetrated the sweatshirt I’m wearing.

Second, I’ve been under a lot of stress in the past two or three weeks. I’ve heard stress affects a person’s memory.

I got the term CRS from a friend. She always used it for those periodic attacks of forgetting where you put your keys and other minor memory lapses, such as forgetting how to spell the word on.

The reason for these lapse are unimportant, they’re irritating (the memory lapse not the reasons). I mean I have enough problems without them. I don’t think I’m going to recount all my problems though. Not at this point anyway, maybe I’ll do a rant. There is a rant contest on writing.com, I saw it the other day. I didn’t enter then because my muse had a momentary attack of writers’ block and couldn’t think of a theme or subject.

I paid for a months Upgraded Membership with the gps I had. Now my gp count is down, so I’m going to have to do a lot of reviewing, writing and contest entering to bring it up. I’m going to rewrite the
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1044498 by Not Available.
and reopen it sometime in April, I’m shooting for April 9, but that depends on how often life kicks me in the teeth between now and then. One thing about life kicking a person in the teeth, eventually it knocks out all your teeth.

I’ve set writing.com membership goals. So now the test should really start. I have more tests when I have specific goals to achieve in anything. My persistence gets tested, at least I think it’s my persistence. It could just as easily be my tendency to procrastinate. The goals I’ve set for upgrading my membership are (1) pay for a years Upgraded membership by 3/31/2007 and (2) a Premium Membership by 1/31/2008. OK I know there may be a time conflict there or some type of conflict. I’m not going to worry about that right now, in fact I’m not going to worry about anything. I’ve worried too much lately and what I worry about never or almost never happens.

Horned Lizard


The gentle roughness
of its upper body speaks
of materiality.

The smooth warmth of its
underside carries whispers
of spirituality.

The claws that held it
firm to solid rock now grasp
tightly the fingers of faith.
(149 B.E.)


I’m thinking about rewriting this and finding a picture of a horned lizard to post with it when I post it. I may not need to rewrite it; sometimes I think I need to rewrite a poem when I don’t. I’ll let it stand a while longer, I’m not going to start rewriting anything in this blog until I’ve started my new one. I still have to come up with a name for the new blog I have several in mind, but none of them strike a chord with me. I still have a few weeks to think of something.

I seem to have gotten away from the subject of the original post completely. That’s not unusual for me. I start with one topic, but when I write I change topics in midstream, I’m not sure whether this is irritating or what. I’m going to have to watch it or start changing the title of the entry to something a little closer to the subjects explored. Actually that sounds like a good poll question, see how many people find it irritating or do it themselves. I’m looking to write another poll. I’m going to post the results of
 Irritating Sayings  (13+)
Which saying do you dislike?
#983651 by Prosperous Snow celebrating
, the poll I wrote sometime ago, this year sometime. Not sure when, I’m limiting my online time to early morning and late evening, this gives me a chance to get housework done and go visit Mom.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498294-Momentary-Attacks-of-CRS