*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498426-Catching-Up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#498426 added March 29, 2007 at 11:24pm
Restrictions: None
Catching Up
         You read it right. *Smile* Most of you likely know that Kenzie and I made a trip to Lake Jackson, TX, to retrieve some things that she had in storage there. For those of you who didn't know about that trip, you can catch up reading the recent few entries in Kenzie's Blog "Each Day Already is a Challenge.
         Kenzie has expressed, in that blog, her current challenge of catching up on sleep in addition to a few other issues. This point in time and place is my turn to tell how the trip has affected me.
         Like Kenzie, I'm playing catch up on my sleep, and not having any more luck at it than she has. My days at work are going well because I'm too busy to slow down much. I'm not running around like the proverbial "chicken with [my] head cut off", I just maintain a steady pace from 7:30 to 4:15 other than lunch. But when I slow down for the drive home, I begin to feel the difference. By the time I get home the yawning has started and I feel like it will take a second wind to stay awake through the evening.
         I have been trying to get to bed a bit earlier this week and get that chance to catch up, but I have yet to make it. Thankfully, the weekend is here, and even though my daughter will be here I will have the chance to sleep later than 5:50 AM. Because she does. *Smile* Hopefully doing that for a couple days will definitely help the sleep situation.
         With a bit of luck, Kenzie and I both will be able to catch up on the sleep soon, though she may end up catching hers with a nap since she will be getting up at her usual time over the weekend in order to pick Derek up from work. That's OK, too. The important thing is that she gets the chance. As for me, it's 11:15 PM and I have to work tomorrow, so I'm off to bed. I'll check in tomorrow and continue this explanation with a different effect of the trip unless I end up crashing first. Later, all!

© Copyright 2007 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498426-Catching-Up