*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498739-The-Weather-Brings-Pains---Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#498739 added April 1, 2007 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
The Weather Brings Pains - Again...
... and being short on sleep doesn't help.
         This time it came as a one-two punch. It started this morning about 6 AM when my office beeper went off. I'd gotten somewhere about 4-5 hours of sleep, figuring on sleeping in, to try and catch up a bit more on that sleep I lost being up 24 hours straight on the trip. Yeah, right. And it's a known fact that when Fibro sufferers are tired, we feel the pain even more. No matter where on our body that pain is located.
         The software package I'm responsible for runs on Friday nights, month end, quarter end, and year end. This time, quarter end happened to also fall on a Friday. For that, I"m grateful. Normally, my package would have run about 8:00 last night, so when I went to bed just before 1:00 this morning, I figured I was safe this time around. Wrong! *Smile*
         I called the computer room and found out that they had had problems with one of the earlier packages, that happens to create an information file that my package relies on. My package won't start until all of its needed information is available. Hence, the late run.
         Solving that took me until 11:00 AM this morning. Thankfully I was able to do it via the office laptop I keep here for that purpose and not have to drive to work as well. Still, as a result of that, my thought was "so much for getting back to bed". Then came the weather changes. We finally started getting the storms that had been predicted as far back as a day and a half ago or so. Once they came, my legs began absolutely killing me. No position was comfortable. Sitting, walking, standing. I thought of laying down a bit to see if that would help (it usually does), but I had some things to do.
         I've been tearing down the empty boxes after Kenzie puts away the contents. We're slowly working through the pile of boxes that we received the last couple days. Yep, the ones we sent ourselves from Texas. *Smile* She's still hurting too, so we're taking our time getting it done. But we're getting there. I think she said there's still one or two yet to arrive in addition to the ten or so that are still unopened in the living room. I suppose we'll see.
         Along with that, I started a new blog this afternoon, and I'm waiting to see if Tiffany gets home in time for supper. She's playing with her friend Taylor for the first time in about 3-4 weeks, since Taylor turned up with Mono right on the heels of Tiffany's previous visit.
         Hopefully I'll find a way to get the pain to back off a bit sometime this evening. I'd like to get back to my nightly walks for exercise now that the weather's warming up. But I need legs that will cooperate. *Smile* Meanwhile, I'm going to take another Neproxen. Right now.

© Copyright 2007 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/498739-The-Weather-Brings-Pains---Again