*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499599-Waves-And-blog-comments-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#499599 added April 5, 2007 at 7:41pm
Restrictions: None
Waves. And blog comments ...
Waves

And the waves wash over wants,
sort out the memories by size and taste,
slowly wear off the edges each day;
there is no hurry, fury or hate.
By the dark phase of the moon thoughts reappear.
Yet, waves show no fear of being late,
of disappointing me, my fate. They wash
my memories of dross; they reveal the gems
among the rest, the best caught up in froth
and foam at water's edge.
Where sometimes on a sunny day
when waves are calm I wend my way
among the pebbles on the shore
and pick up my healing wounds once more.

© Kåre Enga

[164.13]

REWRITTEN AS A REVIEWABLE ITEM: "Susan-of-the-waves

*Snow3*          *Snow2*                              *Snow3*          *Snow3*          *Snow1*
llllllllllllspringlllllllllll*Flower5*lllllll*Flower5*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*Flower5*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllll*Flower5*llllllllll*Flower5*lllllllllllll*Flower5*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*Flower5*lllllll*Flower5*llllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*Flower5*lll*Flower5*llllllll*Flower5*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
HENBIT ALERT: WATCH FOR CRAWLING PURPLE FLOWERS DISGUISED AS WEEDS.
BEWARE THE DANDELION THAT ROARS *Bullet* BEWARE THE DANDELION THAT SOARS
lllllllllllll*Balloon6*lllll*Balloon6*lll*Balloon6*lllllll*Balloon6*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*Balloon6*ll*Balloon6*ll*Balloon6*l*Balloon6*l*Balloon6*ll*Balloon6*l
l*Flower2*l*Flower2*l*Flower4*ll*Flower4*ll*Flower2*ll*Flower4*llll*Flower4**Flower2**Flower2**Flower4*lllll*Flower2**Flower2**Flower2*llllll*Flower4**Flower2*lllllllllll*Flower2**Flower2**Flower2**Flower4**Flower4**Flower4*lll*Flower2*lll*Flower2*ll*Flower2*l*Flower2*l*Flower2*
lllllllllllllllllllllllll*Flower2*l*Flower4*l*Flower2*lll*Flower2**Flower2**Flower2**Flower2**Flower2**Flower2**Flower2**Flower2**Flower2**Flower2*lllllll*Flower2*ll*Flower4*l*Flower2*ll*Flower2*llll*Flower2*lll*Flower2*ll*Flower2*ll*Flower2*lll*Flower2*ll*Flower2*ll

L'aura del campo

Spring: 15 Bahá 164 (4 April) 30º in the morning.


'é a lua, é a lua, na quintana dos mortos'
♣ Federico García Lorca ♣


Stress factor: A comment I left in charlesthec's blog

Exercise - not really. I like walking but not with a heavy backpack.

Stimulants - prefer coffee and sugar. Does sprinkling a combo of mace, red pepper and sugar on my chocolate ice cream count?

Social support system - I moved 1,000 miles away but keep in touch. They don't. Made new friends, but moved from there. 2 years on the streets were hell and not conducive to gathering support. But I do have some and value it.

Criticism - sometimes I take it as very personal; sometimes I shrug it off.

Procrastinate - always.

I like my current therapist and we are moving forward on trauma (her specialty). The depression is chronic; the anxiety situational and dangerous.

When my financial situation improves (it can't be stuck on zero forever *Rolleyes*) I'll be able to avoid much of the anxiety. If I learn to control my traumas when they are triggered, I'll be fine. I figure the depression will always be there, but I know ways in which I can 'manage' it: get out of the house, get sunshine, be around people I like, do something (anything), do something different, garden, take a ride in the country.

See Doc ... you've helped me already. *Smile*

The camp: A comment I left in Matthew St.James 's blog

My cousins' family has had a 'camp' since the 50s. I vaguely remember when they took the big black cherry out and put in a pond. The place has changed of course, but my cousin wanted to keep it rustic. With a house in town, why not a place to get away?

When my uncle was in his 70s I had a house with a small lily pond. Brought a piece of a red water lily and put it in the pond. He was thrilled. Who would've thunk it?

Odd how places like that have special memories. Thanks for the stroll through yours that remind me of mine.

Feminine/masculine, male/female, whatever: A comment I left in Mavis Moog 's blog.

As a man, let's see ...

multi-tasker - I've been so stressed for so long I have trouble focusing on ONE thing.
logical - maybe a little, maybe not.
carer - to some extent, yes.
protector - me and mine, yes, but I'm not aggresive.
chocolate - hell-yes!
libido - *Blush*

gossipy men: ever meet up with farmers on a rainy day?
female scientists: yes, but there would be more if women weren't dissuaded from persuing science.
male nannies: haven't met one, but have known good babysitters.
female psychopaths: I believe I've had this misfortune.

Women are better at emotions than men? I couldn't write poetry or create my gardens over the years if I weren't (emotional that is). I am more emotional than many women.

Some of my best writing is done in comments in other people's blog. It's how I 'follow the leader'. Which is a great contest by-the-way, but it seems to not be very interactive and there are few comments made.

WRITING

I've opened up a MySpace account, but I think I'm going to be careful what poems I share there. It may be good for exposure for poems that have been printed in magazines, but I'm still wary. And the poem will have to be 'finished'. This place is where I welcome the critiques on my poetics. Not the general public that doesn't write. So that blog will have a different flavor and be more focused as to topic. I posted an entry today about the talk last night given by sex columnist, Dan Savage. Maybe my family and friends will visit me there? *Frown*

My plugging of new poetry here is working! I even like the new system that hides my ratings from everyone else: "Footprints in the snow (for Nyia Page), "Violets, "The moon is blue ice, "Song of an Age, "Plain cover jacket, "In search of Iris, "Crow feathers, "Like water for chocolate,, "Love-lies-bleeding, and "Spear. A couple now have over 10 reviews and will be moved elsewhere and the gps given reduced.

These are in a folder I have renamed Room 222, because they pay 222 gps per review. Also, because my favorite digit is 2.

Only one review for my 'short short' yet: "Laura by moonlight.

I am taking notes to rename or rework "Mahala" [164.10] and gathering more info about apatite to finish off [164.23].

Me, my friends and my family

Ooops. Still haven't called Aunt Dot. *Blush* ... Well I did! Late! Nearly caught hell for that. But I'm safe for another week ... I think.

My friend Hub is ill and that isn't good. It's hard to be old and decreped and ill too (he turns the ole six-OH! this year, so I put it here to see if he reads this ...)

Last night I and about 150 others enjoyed listening to sex advice columnist, Dan Savage. Today I've spent time storing copies of blog entries on my computer and need to clean up my port as well to allow posting of new items.

My anxiety, depression and trauma are all under control today.

Daily Scripture

O BEFRIENDED STRANGER! The candle of thine heart is lighted by the hand of My power, quench it not with the contrary winds of self and passion. The healer of all thine ills is remembrance of Me, forget it not. Make My love thy treasure and cherish it even as thy very sight and life.

— Bahá’u’lláh


from Hidden Words of Bahá'u'lláh, Persian #32, link: http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/HW/

WATT'S GNU!

Plenty. Still trouble in the Solomons after the tsunami. Now disease:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070404/ap_on_re_au_an/south_pacific_earthquake

The former football coach of Grambling, Eddie Robinson, died at 88. He was a national legend. He coached for 60 years!

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-obitrobinson&prov=ap&type=lgns

The mayor of Mexico City wants to put wireless throughout their city of 8 million. It makes sense to me ... it'll make it easier for businesses and students and if it is available to everyone could even help the poor.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/1700AP_Mexico_Wireless_Internet.html?sour...

In a related article, the World Bank is helping Kenya, Madagascar and Burundi install the internet. They are the last 3 countries without it!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070403/wr_nm/kenya_internet_dc

Speaking of Madagascar ... I haven't seen articles on Tropical Cyclone Jaya that crashed into the Northern regions a couple days ago ... maybe it wasn't too bad?

IMAGES and RAMBLINGS

The fragrance of viburnum, lilac, hyacinth ... picked and put in my pocket.

Red-and-yellow tulips; redbud in full bloom, it's heart shaped leaves nascent; catkins on the oak; shoes slung over the wires overhead; a birdnest on the ground.

4 eggs in the robins nest on the front porch.

Quotes

Dan Savage in his book Savage love: tab A - slot B = no mystery re heterosexual sex.

This is where his sex advice column can be found:

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove

The weather has been changeable. Very windy. And much, much colder.

A good weather link: http://www.wunderground.com

*Reading* READING *Reading*

Still: B.H. Fairchild (he'll be here on April 13th); Langston Hughes.

BLOGVILLE AND THE WDC COMMUNITY

New to blogging? Brooklyn , Little Miss Leigh-Lee (from New Zealand).

iconoclast37 is on a roadtrip: Savannah and Charleston ... and I'm jealous!

Have you seen this tribute to WDC members who have died? "White Case Memorial

17,386 views

** Image ID #1134108 Unavailable **
 Kåre *Flower4* Enga

~ until everything was rainbow, rainbow, rainbow! And I let the fish go.
~ Elizabeth Bishop,
The Fish

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga going to Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga going to Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499599-Waves-And-blog-comments-