*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499659-Reflecting-on-Memories-of-Oklahoma
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#499659 added April 5, 2007 at 4:12am
Restrictions: None
Reflecting on Memories of Oklahoma
My memories of Oklahoma are scattered and haphazard, like the destruction left behind after a tornado. What brought this realization to me? The discovery of Vivian ’s port. I have many pleasant memories of Oklahoma and I have unpleasant ones as well. I think a person must periodically examine both the pleasant and the unpleasant memories. This gives the muse fodder for inspiration.

One thing in Vivian Gilbert Zabel’s port that brought back pleasant memories was the poem in the folder "Oklahoma"   [ASR] by Vivian . It reminded me of the thing I liked best about Oklahoma; the broad vistas that stretch from horizon to horizon. I now live in Las Vegas, Nevada, where mountains shorten and cut off the horizon; mountains surround Las Vegas.

It was while I lived in Oklahoma that I had two dreams, which profoundly affect my choice of religions. The dreams occurred years apart. The first dream I had in my parent’s house when I was a child in grade school. The dream remained vivid; it stood out in my mind and is still with me today. The second dream came when I was an adult living with my grandmother. It is a vivid as the first, both dreams are still playing a roll in my life. I’ll either describe the dreams in an upcoming entry or write an essay about them and post it in my port. I think the second option is the best, that way I can get some detailed feedback.

I was born in Blackwell, Oklahoma (I think I’ve mentioned this before) on December 24. I went to grade school and junior high school (now middle school) in Blackwell; I graduated from Shawnee high school. After graduation, I moved back to Blackwell to live with my Grandparents. So you see the dreams were separated by several years. However, the dreams were on the same subject and they had the same theme. They were either spiritual or religious depending on one’s point of view, on how one interprets them. For me they were spiritual, I didn’t realize how spiritual until I moved to Las Vegas and found the Baha’i faith. I haven’t written about both dreams as yet (although I think I’ve used the theme of one in a poem.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/499659-Reflecting-on-Memories-of-Oklahoma