*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500362-3-of-Cups---Life-Abundant-and-Overflowing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#500362 added April 8, 2007 at 11:44am
Restrictions: None
3 of Cups---Life Abundant and Overflowing
Blessed Easter to all!

The Universe has a way of responding to our deepest callings and longings.

Was it mere coincidence that the card I pulled for yesterday--the day of the Easter Vigil was the 3 of Cups? In the Gnostic Tarot this card is represented by Mary Magdalene and her two companions approaching the tomb of Christ.

It symbolically represents people we can count on, a support group, and help leading to discovery and transformation. But the literal interpretation of this card, coming at this particular moment, just about knocks me over!

Easter is nothing if not about transcendence and renewal---from the depths of Ash Wednesday---we rise to the glory and fullness of Easter. For me, it is about the recognition of our fleeting temporality here on Earth, but always cognizant that our souls are immortal and eternal.

On a personal level the card speaks to me of my son and his family literally rising from the ashes of their house fire and steadily moving forward with their lives. There has been a tremendous outpouring of help and support from the community--most has been church based. I feel I am being lifted up by a living communion of saints!

And is not that the message inherent in all religions---to recognize that Source beyond our petty egoic selves---to search and reach for the Divine---and then--to take that love and solace and knowledge out into the world to be of service.

In the Herbal Tarot the card is represented by three maidens with their golden goblets held high and is associated with the flower trillium. I don't believe we have trilliums in Southwest Florida, but when I lived in rural Pennsylvania, come spring, the forests and hillsides would be dotted with "trillions and trillions of trilliums".

Surely another literal reminder of spring, renewal, and the message of hope!

I am going through another job transition at the moment and reconsidering my options. I have tended to be depressed and despairing. But, life renews and returns, and the wheel yet turns...

Easter Blessings!

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/500362-3-of-Cups---Life-Abundant-and-Overflowing