*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502572-Taxes-and-Urine-Tests
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#502572 added April 18, 2007 at 3:43pm
Restrictions: None
Taxes and Urine Tests
10 Jalal 164 B.E. - Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I received the follow forwarded message in two e-mail inboxes on the same day.

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as they see fit. In order to get that paycheck. I am required to pass a random urine test, which I have no problem with.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sit on their butt.

Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check.

Pass this on if you agree.


This pisses me off. All messages like this piss me off, because they separate humanity into “us and them”. Into factions of I’m better than my fellow human being because “I have a job, therefore, I am not lazy.” or “I am a worthwhile human because I am working and earning a living.”

People go on welfare because for some reason or other they are unable to work at a specific time in their lives. Just because a person is on “public assistance” doesn’t mean that they are being helped “to sit on their butt.” Human beings, for the most port, don’t want to get money without earning it. Humans aren’t created or born that way, most people want to earn a living and they would if they could. Those who are on welfare or public assistance or whatever you want to call it are there because of some difficulty they are having and as soon as they can, they get off the public dole.

There are very few truly bone-idle people in this world. To begin with it’s not in the human genetic code to be lazy or bone idle or whatever other word you want to use. The truly bone-idle don’t pass their genes on to the next generation for one simple reason. They’re just too lazy to procreate. The rest want a job and would have a job if they could get one.

The biggest problem with in the world today, other than lack of a proper education (which would assist in getting a job) is prejudice; I’m not just talking about racial (color) prejudice here. I’m talking about gender prejudice, sexual preference prejudice, religious prejudice, national prejudice, and any other type of prejudgment that separates humanity into “them and us”. There is only one human species, with vast difference among its individual components. These differences (diversity) aren’t meant to separate the species, but to help it survive in a hostile environment. So rather than attempting to separate humanity into factions such as working and nonworking or lazy/nonworking (worthless) and worthwhile (working) we need to assist one another.

We need to raise our fellow humans to the noble position the creator meant for them to hold. We need to assist the down trodden and educate the uneducated. In this age, we cannot continue viewing our fellow humans as separate from us; we cannot continue to judge because we may have something they don’t or may be doing something they can’t, if we do the entire species will destroy itself and become extinct.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502572-Taxes-and-Urine-Tests