*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502812-Thursday-41907
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#502812 added April 19, 2007 at 7:49pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday 4/19/07
Joe had occupational therapy this am. He tried playing stupid, answering most questions with "I don't know" answers. I pulled the therapist aside and explained his avoidance answering technique. It's easier for him to say I don't know rather than say, I don't want to think that hard to give you a good answer, or I don't want to talk about it. I was a little surprised after seeing all the documentation I gave her that she didn't pick up on his little ploy. So, if I have to draw her a map, I will. Joe's worth it. They discussed this week making eye contact, even if briefly, with the person he's having conversation with. I've actually seen him do it a few times and commended him for it. So, he's listening, he just doesn't want us to know he is. Little turd.

Then, off to the dentist to have his oral sutures removed. As a reward, we went to blockbuster, and he used his own money to buy a couple used ps2 games. Then we went home. He'd had enough today, and I felt it would be best to keep him home. The day was half over anyway.

The hard plastic brace that was made for my arm is doing ok. I couldn't sleep in it last night because it was so uncomfortable, but after being in a cast for so long, the brace is quite comfortable to wear during the day. It's designed to prevent me from moving my arm from palm down position to palm up position, as that puts too much stress on the ulna bone. It allows me to bend it at the elbow to scratch my nose, etc. Doc was concerned that after being in a cast so long, the elbow would get stiff. It is some, but with use it will work the stiffness out.

Mentally and emotionally, I'm doing much better. I had to sort some stuff out too personal to discuss here, but I'm doing better. I thank those who have asked. I can smile and not fake it anymore. All in all, it's been a good day.

My quote for today is: Stop doesn't mean do it one more time. (give you one guess who that quote is repeatedly given to!!!)

Thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/502812-Thursday-41907