*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503132-Today-is-Saturday
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1242039
A look at who Daizy is. My very first blog/journal.
#503132 added April 22, 2007 at 7:05am
Restrictions: None
Today is Saturday
This is Saturday morning. I just had a breakfast of one egg, one slice of toast and too much bacon. I am now drinking my coffee with powdered hazelnut creamer while writing my blog. I am wearing (besides my unmentionalbles) a pair of blue jeans, size 10 for short ladies, a maroon sweatshirt, size large, that hangs down past the exterior portion of my anatomy. I have on a pair of white socks, and will wear a pair of dirty, white, backless sneakers on my feet when I go outside. I don't own a pair of shoes that have backs, just slip into ones. Even my good shoes are backless.

I live in a very small community where, when the weather permits, we can ride golf carts wherever we want to. Some of us have heavy plastic covers with roll down sides, back and front. We can ride our golf carts in the rain, and start getting them out in early spring and put them away around November. There is one man who bundles up and rides with his plastic cover down all year.

Am I boring you yet, I'll go on. I live at Indian Lake Nazarene Camp and Conference Center. It is owned by the Governing body for the Churches affiliated with the Church of the Nazarene in southern Michigan District. Along with permanent residents who own their houses on land leased for life, there are cabins and bathhouses and restrooms for children, youth, and family camps. The yearly District Assembly(more or less a business meeting for the entire District), along with a 'campmeeting', is held every summer. We also have three buildings with motel type accomadations and conference rooms, which are used during the summer and throughout the entire year.

I am the housekeeping supervisor for the entire camp. So I live where I work. I drive my golf cart to work. My first time on these grounds was when I was 3 months old. My mother brought me down to 'camp meeting'. I ended up working in the dining hall as a teenager for 5 years. I loved being here then. I hated to leave at the end of the summer. Now, through all that I have done which was not pleasing to my Lord, and after finally letting Him take control, I get to live here all year round! I am the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. It's not because Jesus let me live where I wanted to. It's because I have dedicated my life to living in His will. Whatever and wherever that may be.

Jesus is my reason for everything I do!

© Copyright 2007 Daizy May (UN: daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Daizy May has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/503132-Today-is-Saturday