*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504137-Guardian-Angel
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#504137 added April 25, 2007 at 6:10pm
Restrictions: None
Guardian Angel

** Image ID #1148621 Unavailable **



Today's entry didn't seem to call for a pulling of the Tarot. I chose an angel card instead and pulled the guardian angel card.

It is a long-held Catholic tradition that we are all assigned a guardian angel at birth who continues to watch and protect us.

More importantly, if we listen and commune with our angel they will help guide us to our true selves, and to a closer relationship with God. And perhaps keep us from travelling the road to perdition.

That phrase has serendipitously been turning up in things I've been reading, both in books, and on-line.

For me, it's about turning away from superficial wants and needs to following the desires of the authentic self.

I have recently turned down two job offers because I have sensed they are not in line with my deepest wishes--had a job interview this morning and feel more positive about this position. They are not planning on hiring till mid-May or June---so it is a question of patience and surrender---and allowing God to work through the details. When it is time for me to move---I hope my guardian angel gives me a push in the right direction.

*Flower1* *Flower2* *Flower3* *Flower1* *Flower2* *Flower3*


I would not classify myself as a Pagan/Wiccan, although I am very much open to their ideas and feel connected to their earth-based celebrations. I would classify myself as a liberal Christian leaning to the mystic with a heavy-dose of Universalism thrown in. Basically, my central core is Christian, but I have read and explored other religious traditions and respect and admire their teachings. Yes, I admit my theology may not be intellectually rigorous, but it is a work in progress, and works for me.

I have an evangelical Christian friend who told me that she had seen at church in recent days a ministering couple manifesting "manna" from their hands. I can't validate the veracity of this occurence, but I feel as if I've been given manna from heaven today. I haven't been writing any poetry lately, feeling stalled and uncreative---but hey---one popped out today---inspired by prompts---and Beltane---a Wiccan/Pagan holiday.

Here in Southwest sub-tropical Florida, the change of seasons is subtle and almost imperceptible. I am trying to explore these subtle shifts and relate them to the classic Wiccan holidays, from a local perspective....for your pleasure....

 Sun Shower  (E)
springtime is different in southwest Florida, for Beltane and May Day
#1253309 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier



 Floridian Mabon  (E)
the autumn equinox in sub-tropical Florida--a subtle turn in the Wheel-of-the-Year
#1146606 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier




Pehrhaps if I complete the entire cycle of the Wiccan Shabbats/Esbats I'll create a seperate folder.


http://firethegrid.com

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504137-Guardian-Angel