*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504732-Paradise
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#504732 added April 30, 2007 at 6:27pm
Restrictions: None
Paradise
** Image ID #1150223 Unavailable **

Paradise

Bouncing heel-ball, heel-ball,
the boy dances while the music plays
and young girls snap their fingers,
prancing through the light and shadows
of this day. Paradise. Our garden
blooms inside these walls:
pink frocked, yellow dressed,
wearing a blue striped shirt.
The fragrance of their gaiety
encircles grey haired elders
nostalgic for the months of May
when they were young,
remembering:
heel-ball, heel-ball,
their snap of fingers
twirling in the shadows of the sun.

[164.43] 2007-04-21 written at 1st Day of Ridvan celebrations.

(4/30: Now edited as an item: "Paradise)

This early-early morning I wrote another short story with the characters from my vegetarian vampire tales, "Blood of the Garlic". This one is about Bawang Boomerang's two dates with Jason (a newbie who doesn't 'know' Bawang). I showed the first short story to Kelly Nightengale and she thought the idea was a hoot.

My Life

It could hit 80 today, already 72 at noon. 3 days of warmth and sunshine predicted for the birds, the bees and me. The iris is in bloom and there are even some second-time-around cherry blossoms. Very strange Spring this year.

Funnel clouds were seen south of town at 5 pm yesterday, but there was no watch, no warning and no sirens went off. I guess it is back to watching and divining the intent of clouds. I was probably cooking the burgers I'd bought.

Picture: http://www2.ljworld.com/photos/2007/apr/28/122612/

Went to hear Rinpoche (of Tibet) last night. He spoke about making our enemies our friends, whether they be people, panic attacks, our fears; that without an enemy there is no boss. He believes we can choose to be happy, that hopefulness, curiosity and meditation are keys, that there is power in Awareness.

Images

Robin in a puddle; side shoots greening on the trees; brown leaves at the end of twigs (Nature's pruning); grass clippings; pale phlox; red and white striped tulips among the furry heads of nodding poppy buds.

Halos in the ghostyards of the dandelions; royal-red leaves of the redbud; yellow tulips; white anemones; white tail bobbing; bush honeysuckle; bells; moist fragrance; pansies; cat a-bird-watching.

galinago has a wonderful photo entry of his travels along Bayou Teche: "Invalid Entry
18,584 views

© Copyright 2007 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/504732-Paradise