*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505384-A-noisy-noise-annoys-an-oyster---the-poem
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#505384 added May 1, 2007 at 8:34pm
Restrictions: None
A noisy noise annoys an oyster - the poem!
** Image ID #1148621 Unavailable **

A noisy noise annoys an oyster

An oyster begs a rocky bed
beneath a silent sea
where counting grains of sifting sand
he'll dream of pearls to be.

The nosy fish, the swaying fronds,
will bring him melodies
from far off places, stranger's faces,
mussels, clams, sea peas.

A noisy noise annoys an oyster,
sheltered in the lee.
he wakes to rakes of what's called progress,
twirls his pearl and pleads.

But his home's destroyed, his pearl stolen;
he's shipped from sea to see,
looking down upon his plate:
his pearl, your face and me.

KÃ¥re Enga [164.51] This is inspired by a blog entry by Cappucine "Invalid Entry screaming for silence!

My life

Got up? Spoke to Krista. She delivered my Aunt Dot's letter. It had 3 baby blue jays on it. Which is interesting since the 3 robinettes flew off yesterday. Hatched on the 16th, 17th, 18th and gone on the 30th. Last year's mud nest is empty once more. 70s and cloudy today.

IMAGES

Climbing Indiana: s.o.b.s; phlox; columbine; bee on the dandelion; ant on the peony; new yucca spikes agrowing; yellow-green leaves of the barberry; green, yellow trees; blue bottle cap; white iris; a voice calling out to me (Matthew Brown's).

RESPONSES

To Lauren Gale re Spring in Colorado:

Where I grew up, the early Spring was wet and cold and then May would hit and all Creation would hurry up to catch up. Everything had a season: daffodils followed by tulips followed by lilacs and iris then peony and finally roses in June. Crickets came late Summer into Autumn.

In Oklahoma, the Spring started earlier in February and stretched out till June. Here in Kansas it has been quirky this year. But the irises are in bloom now - one of my fav flowers. It is the season of fledglings and bunnies.

QUOTE "These guys are about a half-step behind life's parade," Poston commented in a 1983 interview. "The ink on their instruction sheets is beginning to fade. But they can function and cope and don't realize they are driving people up the walls. ~ Tom Poston regarding the tv characters he portrayed. (1921-2007)
18,740 views

© Copyright 2007 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/505384-A-noisy-noise-annoys-an-oyster---the-poem