*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506004-mercy-and-beauty-green-tea
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#506004 added May 3, 2007 at 8:28pm
Restrictions: None
mercy and beauty; green tea
** Image ID #1150224 Unavailable **

mercy and beauty

on the couch again
as rain          drops and
clouds          cover
weeping skies
         and dreams

[164.57a] this day of Mercy, month of Beauty; 2007-05-03

My life

I had problems moving again before noon, but managed to get to Tea Time. Spoke with Chris Beard about his poetry and encouraged him to continue. He has a sensitivity that I don't expect from a hockey player and chooses to write about interesting things. He'll be visiting Britain this July and I advised him to keep a travel journal and read Basho's "A Narrow Road to the North" before going. He has potential.

Went to a lecture, "A Scientific Analysis of Green Tea Testing" by Jeehyun Lee and Alicia Jenkins from Kansas State University. I thought the presentation was well done and the research will have quality and marketing applications. They tested over 100 green teas and came up with descriptive words to describe it. We then tasted two teas. I particularly liked tea #106 which was yellow (to me) and had a 'green' taste of seaweed. (Kansans don't like seaweed-fishy tastes. I do.)

Went to JazzHaus Poetry Slam with Ray Paul last night because Sarah Glass had invited me. She did her poems with a backup of drum and bass. I liked Kelly Connelly's triolets; Emily's 'narcissus poeticus'; Martin's 'a sense of beauty without bother'.

IMAGES

Purple sheen of grackle; red quince; orchid clematis; bluebonnets; plastic cup; crushed beer bottle; shorn grass; peach and pale/dark indigo iris.

Faint scent of pine needles, old needles smelling like wet straw; drip under the maple tree; sound of tires on wet pavement; musty mulch; slick wet rail; fragrant and moist; tiny yellow bee.

Response to Being Diane about weird writing ideas;

My example: I have no interest in writing stories about blood sucking vampires, I'm a poet! So why have I written two short stories on vegetarian vampires? Why do I want to include "Blood of the Garlic" in a collection called "Braid of the Garlic"? Where does this come from ???

Well ... Inspiration (you know that dude) ... saw me for a sucker and voila here I am thinking up LDV (Latter Day Vampire) stories. I mean really ... I'm a couple years older than you!

Ah ... the Muse ... can't live with, can't live without. And yes, my Muse will ambush me if I don't carry my notebook around at ALL times. It's the only defense I've got ...
18,818 views 05-03

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506004-mercy-and-beauty-green-tea