*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506457-Sometimes-You-Know-Its-Coming
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#506457 added May 6, 2007 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
Sometimes You Know It's Coming
         With Fibro, a patient never really knows when a pain is going to hit, where it's going to hit the body, or the form it will take (ache, stabbing pain, spasm, etc.) But, once you can get to the point where you are able to accept the fact that you have Fibro, it frees your mind to help you deal with it in additional ways. Like learning what, if any, patterns your form of it MIGHT take.
         Example? Kenzie and I went into high gear this afternoon to clean the kitchen and living room thoroughly, and now we're paying for that. She said she's feeling it more than usual, and that's an important statement coming from her since she's usually in constant pain already. My legs are hurting worse than they have for a few weeks now. It hurts to walk, to sit, only laying down or sitting on something high enough so my feet are NOT on the floor will get the pain to even subside a bit, much less go away. But at least, having dealt with it for a few years now, she and I know we can expect extra pain after any sort of vigorous exercise or work. We had no choice because with the possibility of visitors this evening or tomorrow, we had to get things done. But, at least we know our bodies well enough to know what to expect. No, we still don't know the FORM the pain will take, but at least we know what to expect, and are more able to deal with it. And somehow, having at least a minor sense of predictability to the Fibro on occasion let's us feel, in a small way, like we have some control over when we hurt. We can't make any pain go away once it starts, but at least we can anticipate when some of those pains will START.
         See you all next time!

© Copyright 2007 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506457-Sometimes-You-Know-Its-Coming