*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506492-A-New-Phase
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#506492 added April 7, 2014 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
A New Phase
It’s been a while but it looks pretty much the same in here. On the WDC front I’ve had two stories featured in Newsletters which brought in quite a few reviews, requiring return visits. I’ve paid my renewal fees and am now short of an arm and a leg. I don’t know if it’s just me, but even with Broadband each page is taking ages to load and I’ve been able to cook dinner, go shopping and clean the house from top to bottom in between reading each blog. Okay, I exaggerate a little, but apologies to any bloggy friends I may have missed.

I did manage three consecutive night’s out with friends last week which made me feel like a teenager again, but by Friday I was so shattered I felt more like a petrified fossil. Otherwise, it’s been the usual round of shopping, gym, visiting La La Land and humdrum. But I have a feeling that is about to change.

Tomorrow we’ll be driving down to Gatwick and staying overnight to meet a very early plane landing on Tuesday morning. Only for my son would I force myself out of bed at such an obscene hour.

The flight is due to land around six in the morning but knowing from experience how long it takes to get through passport control with a foreign passport, I suspect it could be much later by the time son and wife emerge. It’s not too bad if you hold a passport from European or some ex-commonwealth countries, but I suspect her Cambodian passport will cause as much hassle as my American one does. Hey, we already have something in common – we’re both aliens. *Laugh*

In some ways it seems only last week when we wiped our eyes and waved him goodbye to go travelling; in other ways it seems a lifetime. I still have many concerns, but I am so looking forward to seeing my son again and yes, to welcoming Mey Ling into the family. Heaven help the poor girl. Lol

I do not exaggerate when I say how much you folk here helped me through this trauma. By offering your thoughts, advice, support and shoulders you held me up when I thought the world would never look bright again. By sharing your own stories and philosophies you helped me see things in perspective and realise I must accept whatever will be. For that I will always be truly thankful. For any new readers who don’t know all the details, well it’s a long story and you may have to read my first blog around last November to unravel it.

On Tuesday, we will put the past behind us and begin this new phase with our son and the daughter-in-law we will meet for the first time. We hope to get off to a good start and will make every effort to ensure they are happy. What the future holds we have no idea and although we have mixed emotions and fears, we are determined to try and make a go of it. As I said in my last entry turning a negative into a positive is a definite possibility and a much more pleasant feeling to live with.

So, I better go pack an overnight bag and yes, the box of tissues is top of my list.









© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506492-A-New-Phase