*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506505-The-Empress
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#506505 added May 6, 2007 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
The Empress

signature created by Jem

It is Sunday and I am reading a moving, challenging, astounding book...take this bread...a radical conversion by Sara Miles. This is not your usual "religious" book---it's about religion, politics, food, and ultimately community. Like the best of all writing, I think it will speak to different people on different levels----it is about communion, the Eucharist, and the Great Banquet that has been set before us---and how to invite all of humanity to this Feast. It is about love and inclusiveness...and on this Sunday morning, I will take the host and the wine that I keep...and celebrate the constant presence of the Divine. An evangelical friend suggested to me once to practice receiving communion at home, and I have found it to be a grounding practice to remember God's presence and what is truly real. It is certainly not a substitute for worship in community, but an addition to it.

"THE GREAT BANQUET----the place in my port that contains all my spiritual/theological oriented poems---my own self-described banquet.


Yesterday, I pulled the Empress card---I'm using for now, the more "classic" tarot---setting aside one cad at a time---using a mini deck--and creating an actual journal to accompany this virtual one.

The Empress is the Goddess, in all of her aspects...about fruitfullness, bounty, and nurturing. She is about patient waiting, and allowing things to unfold in their own time and natural order. On a daily, personal level she speaks to me of containing my impatience about a job interview. I interviewed Wednesday for a job I would love to have..and another that is a 2nd choice....just waiting, waiting to hear....

The Empress says to follow the path of the stars...reminds me of an old spiritual...."follow the drinking gourd, follow the drinking gourd, for the old man is a waiting' for to carry you to freedom, If you follow the drinkin' gourd.....The drinkin gourd refers to the Big Dipper, and was a song coded with instructions to assist runaway slaves on the Underground RailRoad.


The Empress calls us to find our own freedom, cognizant of the fact, that we are part of a mystical body, and for true freedom to exist it must exist for all...

Blessings on a sunny Sunday in May!

*Flower1*






© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506505-The-Empress