*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506009-Hecate-and-Hestia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#506009 added May 3, 2007 at 9:12pm
Restrictions: None
Hecate and Hestia
Hecate and Hestia---two Greek goddesses from totally different points on the archetypal spectrum are calling me today.

Hestia---from a prompt in the Writer's Cramp: "The Writer's Cramp - Poetry Week

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1257365 by Not Available.


and Hecate in a reply to the poetic form: "Pi - Archimedes'

that old strumpet
Hecate
called me out today
"Come Play!"
her soft, plangent voice, rich with rotten lushness,
bring your dented, battered, menopausal carcass!


I have broken through a bout of writer's block thanks to the advice of Kåre Enga in Montana of writing for quantity and not quality. Quality can come later with rewriting. I decided to enter a poem each day to the Writer's Cramp for Poetry Week----whether I thought it was good, or terrible, I was going to enter something.

This gives you the freedom to experiment and play and helps to generate ideas and creativity.

That is how I started writing again after decades of nothing. A friend invited me to play an on-line poetry game using one-word prompts...I found my long lost love of words and language returning and haven't looked back, since. It's become a source of much pleasure and joy in my life.


And I'm coming up to my second-year birthday here at Writing.com!

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/506009-Hecate-and-Hestia