*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507581-On-to-Missouri-flood-of-the-Kaw-Gunning-for-20k
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#507581 added May 10, 2007 at 9:41pm
Restrictions: None
On to Missouri (flood of the Kaw). Gunning for 20k.
** Image ID #1148621 Unavailable **

On to Missouri

Flow downriver, Spit-and-Mud,
enraged by clouds that spilled cold tears.
Go flood proud gates of heavens, hells and
what our Catholics once called limbo.

Ring bells! It's time to clean out Kansas
of its chicken livered louts, drown obscene lust,
this drought. Time to lift limbs, ravage, roust,
O mighty one, O mighty river.

Damn the levees. Damn the trees.
Erase what's left of these
Cruel-Liquid:
cold bone, cold blood, cold heart.

© Kåre Enga

[164.67] 07-05-08

My life

My back decided that I should sleep in today; so I did. Got up in time for Tea at Three where Richard League gave me the prompt: "a titter ran through the crowd". I could skip with this ... as soon as I figger out what kind of a varmint a 'titter' is ...

Made peas and pasta. I ate this combo all one winter to save up money to buy a house! Nice memories roiling with the boiling noodles.

Everything is finally greening up. In the next month the green will deepen and give us dappled shade before the months of dust. 80s today and very nice.

IMAGES

In the window of Au Marché:

Soaps: Saltsjötvål; jabón puro; Il Frutteto (all 'flavors'); Tallba (pine); Lanolin Ägg-Tvål. Silkflowers; double tin wash basin; mice-candy-lollipops; tea tray; topiary; silver wine-bucket; mini-tea table set for a cat, a lamb and a fox; pink pig tea-towels.

In response to this blog approaching 20k views, I'm cooking up a 10 day plan to gather up 700 more blog-views and get my WDC readership over 125. This entails some focus, cunning and a bit of work. Wish me luck. I'll share the thrills of victory and agonies of defeat by the 22nd. Not all ideas will work equally well ...

Said hello to Ta who has an uplifting blog "Invalid Item ; anyone who is Christian may want to check in on The Messenger and encourage him in his blog endeavors at: "Invalid Item . Arakun the Twisted Raccoon has a blog to gather thoughts. I can always use more prompts! Also visited: SHEA from Newfoundland; Pony Tale in Australia, who is busy training her horse, Flossie; laregna who *Heart* NASCAR; Debi Wharton who just visited the Philadelphia Zoo.
19,341 views 05-10

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507581-On-to-Missouri-flood-of-the-Kaw-Gunning-for-20k