*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507879-Oh-To-Be-In-England
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#507879 added May 12, 2007 at 2:32pm
Restrictions: None
Oh To Be In England
When people talked of culture shocks and serious adjustments I thought they were referring to Mey Ling, not me. lol After five days Mey Ling has assessed certain aspects of life in Old Blighty in her own inimitable style.

*Bullet* The weather. - 'It so cold here. Your country. My GOOOOOD.'


*Bullet* The cuisine - 'You like the cheese and chocolate here. YUK! MY GOOOOOD'


*Bullet* The music. - 'You playing that rubbish CD again, Paul. MY GOOOOOD'


*Bullet* The sport - 'Football, football, always on television. Boring. MY GOOOOOD.'


*Bullet* The natives - 'People very strange here. They no smile, look grumpy. MY GOOOOOD.'

I predict this young lady has enormous potential as a person and a possible writer. Her powers of observation are second to none.

So, now we have a cupboard full of rice, noodles, soy sauce and green tea, a fridge containing vegetables with limbs and appendages, oriental aromas drifting from the kitchen, khmer music floating from the bedroom and telephone calls from asian friends at seven in the morning. MY GOOOOOD.

Despite the concerns and obvious changes in our routines the sound of laughter is frequent and reassuring. The khmer music's not bad either but right now I have 'I will survive' playing in my head for some reason. *Wink*


© Copyright 2007 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507879-Oh-To-Be-In-England