*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507959-Ten-of-Cups
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#507959 added May 12, 2007 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
Ten of Cups

butterfly image

I didn't pull a card today---today was a Ten of Cups day---rich, expansive, overflowing with joy, laughter and connections.

We had an early Mother's Day celebration---my daughter-in-law Melinda had her mother and grandmother visiting----so with the grand kids---4 generations present. My ex-husband was there, too, my son's father---and the kids grandfather.

My son and family are still in the rental house after the fire---demolition has begun on the interior of the old house---and they have drawn up new plans, and are expanding and adding a 4th bedroom.

There were friends and family and wonderful food---we have much to celebrate----and like most families---there is sadness and troubles. Melinda's mother is in recovery from long-term drug addiction, my ex-husband is gay, Melinda's grandmother @ 79 is battling cancer. But life goes on, we persevere, we stand, and life continues.


Indeed, a Ten of Cups day. Tomorrow we celebrate with my husband's mom and his sister. This will be a more sedate celebration---and we are planning to attend the women stand for peace at !:00 pm at our local park.

http://standingwomen.org

I have learned in my life when things are too terrible and tremendous to bear---I need to just stand. "STAND"-- a favorite song from BeBe Wayan's CD "Love & Freedom"---tomorrow I will stand for peace---and allow all the joy and plenty present in my life wash over me---and ask the Divine how I can help....a Ten of Cups kind of day.

Happy Mother's Day!




© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/507959-Ten-of-Cups