*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509630-Looking-at-a-year-one-day-at-a-time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#509630 added May 19, 2007 at 5:27pm
Restrictions: None
Looking at a year one day at a time
3 ‘Azamat 164 B.E. – May 19, 2007

When you think about a year, as a whole, it seems like a long time. However, a year is 365 or 366 days (depending on whether it’s a leap year or not) and that doesn’t seem like a long time. Each day is only 24 hours long; given the time you have to sleep, eat, do laundry and dishes (although these actions can be multitasked with something else), and clean house (its difficult to multitask house cleaning events) that doesn’t leave a person very long to do other things. I haven’t mentioned the time one has to get in the car and drive all over town to mail letters, pay bills, buy groceries and other stuff. It just doesn’t leave very much time for things such as writing etc.

I’m not sure what brought this philosophical observation to light. Maybe it’s just that I’ve had so much to do lately that I’ve begun to realize the importance of prioritizing. On the other hand, it could be that I have an I can’t and Worst Case Scenario pattern of thinking sometime. What ever it was, it’s gotten me to thinking about the long and short aspects of time, hours, days and years.

I seem to be a bit tired. Actually, I’m sitting at the computer almost falling asleep. It’s not that I don’t have other things to do. It’s just that there are writing projects I need to finish. I should focus on something besides laundry. I still have at least two loads left today and I have to feed the cats. I didn’t realize the time until I finished lunch. The day is half over, I don’t have any of the thing completed that I planned to today.

Thought for Today


"Wanting to reform the world without discovering one's true self is like trying to cover the world with leather to avoid the pain of walking on stones and thorns. It is much simpler to wear shoes."
- Sri Ramana Maharshi


Discovered this while going through my one of my e-mail boxes; I always wonder why people invented shoes; now I know - to avoid pain. That seems a bit strange since the height of fashion is to wear shoes that cause pain and injury to the feet. If you wear heels for any length of time then you end up with all sorts of pains. There was a time when I wore spiked heals, but I gave that up a long time ago. Now my idea of a nice shoe is one I can ware all day without turning my ankle.

Another Interesting Thought


According to Rob Brezsney the “World is Conspiring to Shower” all of us with blessings. See http://FreeWillAstrology.com. OK, so this is the only astrology column I actually read. I think because he always has something unusual in the prediction. The e-newsletter also has interesting quotes from different people.

Looking for an Acronym


Here is the website for you - Acronym Finder http://www.acronymfinder.com/.

Well I think I have everything from my e-mail box I’m putting in today. There are a lot more interesting stuff, but I think I’ll wait until another time to put it in … My train of thought was interrupted by a ringing bell (my mother has a crystal bell she rings when she needs me) and a meowing cat. Since I can’t remember what I intended to write I’ll finish this and post it.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/509630-Looking-at-a-year-one-day-at-a-time