*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510360-Miscellaneous-Thoughts-and-Reflections
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#510360 added May 22, 2007 at 9:49pm
Restrictions: None
Miscellaneous Thoughts and Reflections
6 ‘Azamat 164 B.E. – Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Between yesterday
and tomorrow love inhales
then does the laundry.


Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Old Saying


What if today really was the first day of the rest of your live, because you woke up each morning on a new planet and in a new adult body?

Food for Thought


My eye conversed
while my tongue gazed.
My ear spoke
and my hand listened.
And while my ears was an eye
to behold everything visible,
my eye was an ear listening to song.
Ibn-ul-Farid


Can you imagine a species of intelligent creatures that talked with their eyes and gazed with their tongues? Can you imagine speaking with your ears and listening with your hands?

10 Ways to Meditate
words and pictures by Paul Rep


I’m not sure where I picked this book up. It was a used bookshop of some type. The cover is wood and the pictures pen and ink drawing.

Way 1: completely release me
Way 2: enter breath
Way 3: inlisten
Way 4: inlight
Way 5: move still
Way 6: wake
Way 7: silencing
Way 8: inchant
Way 9: accordingly
Way 10: mind of light

Update on my Life


My mother is much better. The diarrhea (I finally learned to spell this word without the help of a spell checker) is gone or just about gone. She is getting up more and doing her exercises a lot better. I’m feeling a little more confident and less overwhelmed. I still have people (strangers) traipsing (I always wanted to use this word) through my house every day. I’m getting the house cleaned up, slowly. And to quote a song “it’s a bright sun shiny day” (not sure of the artist or the author), with a slight breeze. The meteorologist and his dog, said it would be cooler today.

It’s amazing how one feels when the phone hasn’t rang very often. In fact, since Monday, I haven’t had the daily call from the hang up. I did have a rather strange call Sunday, but the guy hang up before I admitted I was the person he asked for.

Last night I had two rather odd dreams. In the first I was sitting at the computer lookup and saw a folder of light shining through the door from the entrance hall to the living room. In the other there was the folder of light, but I heard my mother calling me to help her get on her adult potty chair.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510360-Miscellaneous-Thoughts-and-Reflections