*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510227-Cool-video-clipand-sermon-notes
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#510227 added May 22, 2007 at 10:10am
Restrictions: None
Cool video clip....and sermon notes
I have been a bit "faaatoootsed" lately, ya know? Not exactly normal for me.*Smile* Oh well...

Today as I was searching for something *Confused*, I stumbled upon a site that sells video clips for sermon illustrations.

Here's one that's called, "I Was Here."
http://www.bluefishtv.com/ProductDetails.aspx?cid=1005&id=1657

That made me think a bit. What will I leave behind?

On to Sunday's sermon notes. I know. It's about time. *Bigsmile*

Page 6 of Character Building

Getting Balance

Some margin notes:

*Note*I'm at the end of my _________.
My life is falling __________.
I'm so tired and worn ______.
I'm about ready to throw in the ________.

Did you get all of those? Rope. Apart. Out. Towel.

*Note*God designed our 11 body systems to work together, balanced and in harmony. When they're not working that way, it isn't because He designed a faulty product. Maybe we're stressed????

*Note*You know you're a workaholic if your family calls you occupant.
You know you're a workaholic if your only Christmas cards come from business associates. You know you're a workaholic if the only reading material in your bathroom is business related.

*Note*A recent CNN survey said that 69% of people want to slow down.

*Note1*How about a joke? The guy called his pastor and said, "Where were you yesterday? I tried to call you.

Pastor: I was taking day off.

Guy: Satan didn't take the day off.

Pastor: Satan is not my model.

*Note*Irribable? The external is stealing your soul.

On to the fill-in-the-blanks...

*Check5*I WILL get centered in Christ.

Our pastor suggested that when we look at a clock that says 6:33, we should remember Matthes 6:33 NLT. "And He will give you all you need form day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern."

Perhaps you have memorized the King James verison of this. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Remember, Matthew 6:33 is like having God say to you, "Here I am!"

Daily question: Who or what is my center? Whatever my life is centered on is what I will think about most.

*Check5*I WILL get refreshed through resting.

Mark 2:27 NLT, "The Sabboth was made to benefit people."

Sabboth means day of rest.

Weekly Sabboth:
a) I will rest my body.
b) I will recharge my emotions.
c) I will refocus my spirit.


*Check5*I WILL find fuel for the fire.

Psalms 132:4-5 MSG "I'm not going to sleep, not even take time to rest, until I find a home for God, a house for the strong God of Jacob."

Matthew 4:4 NASB "Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

I will read: _______________________________________________________
(Fill in your own goal. What, when, how often? For instance, I will read the Bible every morning at 7:15 a.m. for 15 minutes. Remember, if you just read the Bible for 15 minutes each day, you'll read the through the entire Bible in a year.)

*Check5*I WILL sacrifice my schedule TO THE LORD.

Psalms 31:15 NIV "My times are in Your hands."

Repeat: "I am NOT the general manager of the universe."

My plans must include flexibility.

*Check5*I WILL learn to live in the moment.

Matthew 6:34 MSG "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow."

I like the NIV of that: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Check that out. When you wake up and see the clock says 6:33 a.m., you should think about Matthew 6:33 and remember that God is right there. Then you should remember Matthew 6:34 right behind it. Pay attention to what God is doing NOW. (It's okay to remember these things at 6:33 p.m. too - or instead, if you don't wake up that early.)

My goal in life:
a) to know God.
b) to serve others. Why was I created?


How am I serving God and others? How am I getting to know God better?

Resting is important. Even God rested. Genesis 2:2 NIV "By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."

Proverbs:14:30 TLB "A relaxed attitude lengthens a man's life."

Matthew 11:28-30 NIV "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and larn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

The first part of that makes sense to us. But maybe the second part doesn't, at least not right away. When an animal is placed in a harness and expected to pull a load, the work is hard. But if we are doing the work that God designed for us - in the world and in ministry (if they are different) - then we will find that the load is not heavy, but light.


A gift from Kiya

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510227-Cool-video-clipand-sermon-notes