*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510280-Miss-Snark-sniff
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#510280 added May 22, 2007 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
Miss Snark, sniff...
Well, before I cry on about Miss Snark - I have an appeal and I hope ANYONE can help.

***********

APPEAL TO THE MASSES


Back in the 25 April Short Stories Newsletter I sponsored a Parable/Fable contest and I got a bunch of entries, but some sent their entries w/o a bitem link to my email and while I printed off the email and read the stories, I didn't save any information on the authors. *Blush*

Needless to say does anyone know Snowleppy? Please direct me his/her way so I can do my review.

Also, someone sent me a great parable called The Eagle but I need to know WHO. If you know who or if you wrote "The Eagle" please get ahold of me ASAP. Thanks much.

Now with that out of the way...

**********

SNIFF, SNIFF....OH, MISS SNARK WE BARELY KNEW 'YE...

It's True*Exclaim* Miss Snark hung up the blog. Sigh... I was only reading for about two-three weeks, but I loved her delivery. One of the things she'd mentioned was that she had kept saying the say things over and over - and the most frustrating part of it was the fact very little really tried to improve on what she said. It's just amazing to me how anyone would, when quering an agent, just do a poor job of it.

Mind you, I can see how in my past queries where I went wrong. I tried to query the first draft. Big no-no. An agent can tell when something is a first draft and when it's polished.

And let me tell you - POLISHING is a bitch. (i.e notoriously known as EDITING) But I can't preach this enough - you want to be a good writer. Edit your stuff.

There, now I sound like Miss Snark, don't I? Sigh... I can't replace the original.

************
FAMILY SIDE OF THE HOUSE


On the family side of the house, I took the boys to the lake on Sunday. Andrew had a blast but I didn't stay long because of the sun. While I used 50 SPF on the baby, I just didn't want to chance it.

I actually got off my fat, lazy ass and registered to vote online for ABC.Com for dancing with the stars since I can NEVER *Exclaim* get through on their damn phone lines. I got FIVE votes!! Talk about Spaming the vote!! What happened to one person, one vote? Sigh...

Anyway, I voted for Laila. All FIVE times. She was the best, IMHO.

[Linked Poll's access is restricted.]

So there's my little poll. Go ahead and spam it, too. Hahahaha.

No seriously, take the poll and have fun. DWTS announces the winner tonight.

**************

WRITING SIDE OF THE HOUSE

I got the proofs back for "The Wolf's Torment," and I'll be proofing this next week. The book looks really well done. I hope for those who have read the story are getting kind of excited. I know I am. You can find a folder in my "Novels," Folder for Torment that acts like a little tease for you.

*Note1* I am giving out a product review merit badge if you buy the book and hook me up with a product review.

Shameless, aren't I?

See ya' soon.

PS...the teeth are doing good so far, but we're looking for a new dentist. haha. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2007 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510280-Miss-Snark-sniff