*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510567-3-of-Swords
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#510567 added May 23, 2007 at 7:15pm
Restrictions: None
3 of Swords
I'm reading a wonderful book...eat, pray, love......by Elizabeth Gilbert. The second section of her book about her time spent in India at an ashram reminds me of a book I read ages ago,,,,Holy Fire. Both books talk about the experience of shaktipat---receiving divine initiation from a Guru. This is not enlightenment---but a releasing of the kundalini energy on the way to enlightenment.

I don't have a guru or a teacher...I'm just fumbling toward ecstasy on my own self-guided path. Although, the attunements I received during Reiki classes might certainly be akin to the experience.

The sages of India write that there are 3 factors that indicate whether a soul has been blessed with the highest and most auspicious luck in the universe.

1. To have been born a human being, capable of inquiry.

2. To have been born with --or developed-- a yearning to understand the nature of the universe.

3. To have found a living spiritual master.

Well...to quote MeatLoaf...2 outta 3 ain't bad.

Not sure if I'm ready or willing to deal with a living spiritual master. They say when the student is ready, the teacher appears....

The Tarot card the 3 of swords depicts a heart pierced by 3 swords---I always associate this with the sacred heart of Jesus----perhaps I'll find a Christian guru....

3rd day at my new job...getting over initial fears of newness and inadequacy...stay tuned!

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510567-3-of-Swords