*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510117-9-of-Coins
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#510117 added May 21, 2007 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
9 of Coins


little ridinghood by Aunt SunKiss

I am going to continue working with the imagery of this card. It is so rich, earthy, and abundant. It's such a joyful, comforting card speaking as it does of success and achievement.

I started my new job today and hope this portends well for my new direction.

I've been reading a wonderful book, "eat, pray, love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. This is following on the heels of "take this bread" . Both are about women's spiritual journeys and their personal transformations. But both are also about being rooted and connected to the pleasures of this life.

I relate quite fully to Elizabeth Gilbert's quest.

I want to have a lasting experience of God....I want to be with God all the time. But I don't want to be a monk, or totally give up worldly pleasures. I guess what I want is to learn how to live in this world and enjoy its delights, but also devote myself to God."

Elizabeth is advised by a Balinese medicine man that she must learn to be fully rooted in the earth...and to stop looking at the world through her head, but rather through her heart. This book is about that journey......*Heart*

I leave you with the scent of "Fleurs de Sel"---it smells of thyme, and resiny like pine, a bit smoky and spicy, and yes, a touch of salty brine. I do love the pleasures of this world!






© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/510117-9-of-Coins