*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512518-Dishes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#512518 added June 2, 2007 at 7:37pm
Restrictions: None
Dishes
17 ‘Azamat 164 B.E. – Saturday, June 2, 2007

Washing dishes has never been one of my favorite chores, all though I was beginning to rethink this. Lately laundry has become the big issue. I was beginning to think that I’d much rather do dishes than laundry. Laundry has become a never-ending nightmare, until now.

The garbage disposal doesn’t work. I turned in a work order and plumber replaced the garbage disposal. The problem is it still doesn’t work. Last week I had to bail out the dishwasher, the reason is the garbage disposal didn’t work. Since the garbage disposal still doesn’t work and I have no desire to bail out the dishwasher again, I’m doing dishes the old fashion way. The only problem here is that I don’t have a dish pan. So I’m using a large, actually an extra-large Tupperware container.

The idea behind this is so I can empty the dishwater down the toilet stool instead of the sink*Pthb*. I’m not taking any chance of getting the kitchen sink backed up before I get the garbage disposal fixed. The problem with the disposal is no power. A switch under the sink needs fixing, so I have to wait until a work order is accepted and they send an electrician. I tried turning in a work order, but it wasn’t accepted because of the recent work. So now I have to wait until Monday to call and find out if they are going to fix the switch or not.

I can’t wait for Monday to do the dishes. *Blush*Every plate, microwave container, coffee cup and piece of silver (I don’t know why knives, forks and spoons are called silver ware or piece of silver, mine certainly are not made of silver) is dirty. I can’t fix another meal, I can’t have a bowl of ice cream, I can’t have a cup of coffee until I do the dishes. And even worse, the Tupperware glass (it’s plastic not glass, but it’s called a glass – go figure) I’m drinking out of I’ve been drinking out of for the past week.

Then there is the problem of dishtowels*Shock*, I don’t have a dishtowel in the house. Let’s face it, I usually use a dishwasher and I don’t need dishtowels to dry the dishes. So how do I handle this situation, I put the plastic thingy to hold dishes in the sink, rinse the dishes and let them air dry, which extends the time it takes to do the dishes, but it gives me time to do other things. OK, so I’m completely unprepared to do dishes by hand.

At sixty years of age, I have decided that there are certain technological items I can’t live without (except in an emergency) that is a garbage disposal, dishwasher, cloths washer, cloths dryer, a computer and an indoor working toilet (I’ll explain this in a later entry or maybe I all ready mentioned it in my other blog, in which case I’ll go into details in a later entry).

I suppose I should go and check the dishes drying in the sink. I’ve still got a lot to do, although now I can at least have a bowl of ice cream and a cup of coffee. I’ve got to wash one of the microwave casseroles because tomorrow I’m going to fix a canned pork and macaroni casserole. Don’t let anyone ever tell you that there is anything you can’t cook in a microwave. Because it isn’t true, you can cook anything including a Thanksgiving Turkey. True if it is a large turkey you have to cut it into parts before cooking it, but you can cook it (browning it is a completely different subject and by the way unnecessary).


© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512518-Dishes