*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512163-Clonnie
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#512163 added May 31, 2007 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
Clonnie
15 ‘Azamat 164 B.E. – Thursday, May 31, 2007

Clonnie stood in the shadow of the giant trees watching as object descended into the clearing. She had never seen anything like it before. It was sphere shaped before landing in the clearing, but once it touched down then its shape transformed. On the ground, it took on the form of a 5-foot high, 6-foot square golden alter.

She studied the object as symbols flowed across its smooth surface. Finally, the symbols stopped flowing. The ones on the surface Clonnie watched merged into a bird with fiery ruby wings and a sapphire beak. Music, like nothing Clonnie had ever heard, emanated from the object. It beckoned her, called her out of the forest.

Stepping into the clearing, Clonnie’s pale lavender skin glistened in the noonday sun. Her limbs moved in rhythm with the music. Her gold flaked eyes stared straight ahead, entranced by the visions in her mind. Stopping beside the object, she reached out her hand and touched it. An electric shock flowed through her body, causing her 7-foot tall body to fall face down across the object.

The day passed slowly, as she lay unconscious dreaming of walking naked in the cold hydrogen of interstellar space. While she lay, sensors within the object examined her. Took samples of her DNA, measured her brain waves, and other physical attributes. Then, as the sun set in the west, the object, drew Clonnie into itself and rose from the ground, taking on the shape of a sphere again left the planet.

How long Clonnie slept in the object before it reached the next star system is unknown. The sphere ship landed in a forest clearing of the fourth planet. Here the ship went through the same actions it had taken on Clonnie’s planet, but this time, instead of a woman coming out of the forest, a naked man, slightly taller then Clonnie and, with pale emerald skin came out of the forest. The ship examined the man in the same way it did Clonnie and at sunset drew him into itself.

Again, the ship left the solar system, but instead of going to the next star system the ship left the galaxy. It moved through normal space until the edge of a spiral arm of the next galaxy came into view. On the rim of this spiral arm hung a yellow star with one planet and the debris of several others orbiting it. Descending into the bombed out ruins of a city, the ship landed in the center of the only spot of green on planet.

The ship landed on a hill in the center of a walled garden. Dissolving into the soil, the ship left its cargo lying naked under the noonday sun. Clonnie was the first to awake. Sitting up she looked around her and then stroked the shoulder of the man still sleeping on the ground. He awoke at her touch and sit up. Getting up, Clonnie motioned to him to rise off the ground. Then taking his hand, she led him down the hill, toward a grove of fruit trees. Once inside the grove of trees, Clonnie put her arms around him and give him a long passionate kiss.

“Clonnie,” she said pointing to herself before lying on the ground.

“Lhon,” he replied, as he lay down beside her and took her into his arms, returning the kiss she had given him earlier.


© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/512163-Clonnie