*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515826-The-Diary
Rated: ASR · Book · Drama · #1278621
A collection of Short Stories mainly written as Assignments.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#515826 added June 18, 2007 at 3:07am
Restrictions: None
The Diary
[The Story is written in Passive Voice as an Assigment for Genesis II Week 6)

Alicia’s diary was kept in a drawer under the empty box of chocolates. For years, it was not touched by anyone. The condition of the book was denigrating everyday due to dust and moisture. However, the book has been forgotten by everyone.

One day, the book was accidentally discovered by Alicia’s younger sister. It was almost three years to Alicia’s death. After her tragic death, not a single thing in her room was moved from its place. Visits to Alicia’s room were avoided by her parents. Alicia’s younger sister, Katie was deeply affected by the family tragedy that was witnessed by her at the tender age of 13. A long battle was fought by Katie to normalize her and enjoy life once again. Finally, fears were overcome by Katie and her sister’s room was visited by her after many years.

Tears kept on dripping as the diary was scanned by Katie. It was full of beautiful poems and short emotional essays. They were the glimpses of her sweet sister; whose eternal separation was a black reality that lived with her. An essay titled “My Last Days” stopped her eyes.

“I have been repeatedly told that there is nothing to worry about. But it is in my knowledge that death is doomed for me. Surprisingly, fear of death is still a stranger for me. My birth was for a reason and my death is for a reason. Whoever loves me has never been let down by me. No hearts have been broken by me. My parents and my family are my pride. It is my wish that they live happily after my death.

“It was my dream to become a writer. It seems, I won’t be allowed by fate. However, an artist speaks in my sweet angel, Katie. How unfortunate it would be, not being able to see growing up of her into an artist. It is my prayer that Katie is blessed with successes and blessings and many lives are positively touched by her.

“The saddening eyes of my mom and fake smiles of my dad are the hardest part to bear. My prayers are for their happiness”

Blurring characters were slowly increasing on the page due to dropping tears. Shaking of Katie, along with her sobs were slowly hiding in a dark cloak as the sun was also mournfully setting. Unfair! Cruel! Why??? Were the words echoing in Katie’s head. The feeling of getting sucked into the same old dark ditch of depression, which engulfed her life previously, was retuning. Running away was what she desired but frozen was her soul and stuck were he feet.
© Copyright 2007 DrEaMer (UN: umer-amir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DrEaMer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/515826-The-Diary