*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/516178-Church-of-the-Old-Mermaids
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#516178 added June 19, 2007 at 7:40pm
Restrictions: None
Church of the Old Mermaids
I came across the most delightful blog the other day by a writer Kim Antieau--The blog is titled Church of the Old Mermaids--and follows her novel in progress of the same name. Just google and you'll get to the blog.

Mermaids are such a rich, archetypal symbol, representing the unconcious and all that watery psychic phenomena that runs through us all. There are several variations of mermaid-themed tarot decks...I'll be out hunting these down, too.

I could never fathom why Disney's little mermaid Ariel was so willing to leave her watery kingdom for a mere man. As a water sign I always feel the need to be near or on the water. Certainly that's why I live in coastal Naples...though growing up in Pittsburgh I found a deep affinity for the three rivers...I suspect urban river mermaids are quite different from Gulf of Mexico mermaids...and what about Arctic mermaids? M-Mmmm I sense a new spate of mermaid poems might come bubbling up....or a new series of mermaid art dolls.


I'm including some older poems I've written about mermaids----though not specifically about old mermaids. Wanna be an old mermaid along with me?

"to wannabe mermaids...
"Storm Circles
"Sea Salad






























© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/516178-Church-of-the-Old-Mermaids