*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517670-Im-ready-for-my-close-up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1141791
Ummm...this is my blog. Yeah, that's it...my blog.
#517670 added June 27, 2007 at 8:49am
Restrictions: None
I'm ready for my close-up...
There is a local community theater called The Gaslight. They put on a few productions each year and all the actors are amatures. No big deal. I check their website periodicaly to see about audtions and this past Sunday I decided to go for it and try-out.

The play is "Crimes of the Heart." It's a very dark Southern comedy about 3 sisters and their past and present problems. A great play with fantastice roles. I e-mailed the director before the auditions and told her about my pregnancy. She said that role of the sisters' cousin would be fine to read for, that it wouldn't matter if she were pregnant or not. I was psyched. It was the smallest part, but who cares. It was still a chance to audtion and be a part of a production. Something that I haven't done in 10 years.

I got an e-mail from her this morning and she offered me one of the lead roles!!! How amazing is that??!!! She said that my growing bump shouldn't be a problem because the sister I will be playing is supposed to be "a little round."

This is so exciting. Being on stage again. Performing. Now the question is, should I tell her that my growing bump is actually two growing bumps?? *Confused*

© Copyright 2007 Texun4ever-cabin fever (UN: abrackett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Texun4ever-cabin fever has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/517670-Im-ready-for-my-close-up