*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519255-Mmmmmmhotdogs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1141791
Ummm...this is my blog. Yeah, that's it...my blog.
#519255 added July 5, 2007 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
Mmmmmm....hotdogs
I fear all we have done is awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with terrible resolve. ~Admiral Yamamoto on attacking Pearl Harbor

I have a feeling that Kobayashi was thinking the same thing yesterday about Chestnut yesterday during the "Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest."

Okay, so maybe he wasn't thinking anything that severe, but he knew deep down inside that his 6 year eating rein of terror was about to come to an end. And an end it did. Joey Chestnut managed to cram 3 more hot dogs down his throat than Kobayashi. The final count? 66 to 63. *Sick* I don't think I've eaten 66 hot dogs in the past 10 years. Truly the most disturbing 12 minutes I've ever been witness to. The feeding frenzy would rival that of barracudas on an injured capibara.

I think the most ridiculous portion of the whole train wreck was when one of the idiotic commentators said that "this is one of the greatest moments in professional sports!!" referring to the fact that Chestnut would be victorious. Are you f'ing kidding me??? Someone needs to whoop the shit outta that dude. The 2004 ALCS, the 1997 NCAA Men's Basketball tournament, Mary Lou in the '84 Olympics. Now those are great moments in sports. Not proving that you are a glutton when it comes to frankfurters and buns. *Rolleyes*

Don't get me wrong, it's time Kobayashi was de-throned, and who better to do it than an iron-gutted American, once again confirming that not only is the US the fattest nation, but how we got that way.

So hats off to you Mr. Chestnut. May your days wearing the mustard colored belt be long and happy.

© Copyright 2007 Texun4ever-cabin fever (UN: abrackett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Texun4ever-cabin fever has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519255-Mmmmmmhotdogs