*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518073-Hola-From-Menorca
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#518073 added June 29, 2007 at 3:01pm
Restrictions: None
Hola From Menorca

Menorca is a truly beautiful island, quiet, relaxing and slow-paced. What a shame time cannot be put on hold to enable a longer stay.

* The weather was a little disappointing to start with but has gradually picked up and is now glorious. Anything is better than England right now I gather. In fact we're wondering if our car will have floated away from Doncaster airport on return.

* The hotel is very good on the whole although on a rather steep hill. The sounds of a building site first thing in the morning are reminiscent of home with the added aroma of drains in the breeze. However, the scenery, pool and waiters make up for a lot.

* The food is excellent although I am rather limited in my intake. Delinquent tooth was sort of fixed and given a severe warning before leaving home, but I suspect it is only a matter of time before another rebellion is on my hands. Therefore caution is needed but the soup and sloppy desserts will see me through and of course there are no restrictions on the liquid consumption.

* This has been a much needed break but sadly coming to a close. Sis has held the fort in La La Land and we have phoned home, so are reassured it´s still standing. What sort of state it´s in I dread to think and I suspect there could be ten years housework awaiting, but for now it´s good to have none.

* The evening entertainment is okay, but I miss my evenings on the compùter. I know, I´m a sad person. Only a few minutes left of this session (it costs!) but am really pleased to see volunteers and offers of help for The Blogville News. Thanks folks, I´ll get to you once we´re back in rainy old England.

Hope you´re all doing fine and much wub to you from moi.


© Copyright 2007 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/518073-Hola-From-Menorca