*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519935-7807
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#519935 added July 8, 2007 at 6:29pm
Restrictions: None
7/8/07
It's been a wonderful weekend!!! Joe's here, and I just love the sound of him playing with his toys! I've missed that so much. We've played rummy, which he's just learned how to play, and he's great at it! I mowed most of the lawn this morning before it got too hot outside, took a nap, made hamburgers and mac & cheese for dinner, and just enjoyed the role of being mom again.

I tried to wake Joe up early this morning to help him to get used to waking up earlier than what he's been used to. He's accustomed to sleeping in until about 10ish at his dad's. At 7:30, I opened his door so the light and sound of the Tv would start waking him up. At 8, I started talking to him, and put the light on in his room. I gave him several warnings, but he didn't wake up. The last warning was the "cold washcloth" warning. At 9am, I employed said cold washcloth. He didn't like it much, but it was effective. Hopefully, I won't have to employ the cold washcloth technique tomorrow morning, but if necessary I will. He will soon learn to take heed to the cold washcloth warning or he will experience such undesired sensation again. Consistency is the key, as with all parenting techniques.

He's done real well today, very little backtalk and for the most part, respectful. I noted that he needs some assistance with bathroom protocol, so I put up some visual aids to help remind him of the habits he needs to be using. Lift the lid, flush, lower the lid, wash hands, etc. Hopefully with the visual aids, and tons of encouragement and consistent reminding, this practice will become the norm soon.

He's taking his shower now, and maybe after that I'll play him a few more rounds of rummy. I'm so thankful that he's back home with me. It really has been a wonderful weekend. I am so very blessed!!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519935-7807