*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520528-71107
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#520528 added July 11, 2007 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
7/11/07
I've been in cell phone hell lately. I had a dinky little prepaid phone, but the service was real spotty....lots of dead zones. Not real effective when I have to go out in the field for my job. So I tried Nextel. Got a good signal in my office at work, and when I was in the field, but no signal at home unless I wanted to go outside. I live in an older mobile home, and the metal in the home blocked the signal.

So, I sent that one back and tried Alltel. No signal at work, barely a signal at home. Worse yet, their customer service sucked. They all talk a bazillion miles a minute, and even after requesting that they speak slower, they kept talking too fast to understand what they were saying. Then, the directions that was sent for setting up the phone was incomplete. I had to call them several times for assistance, each time holding up to 15 minutes to speak with a real person. I got fed up with that and decided today that I'll terminate my contract with them since I"m still in the 30 day window.

Tomorrow I'll be going to AT&T, formerly Cingular. The person at the local retail store was very kind, directing me to the best phone for picking up signals and helping me pick my plan. I really hope that this one will allow me to get a signal at both work and at home.

I can't help but think that it shouldn't be this hard to get a fricken phone that works when and where I need it to. I have enough other far more important things to deal with, the last thing I need is frustration from something that should be so simple. Things like this just makes me want to throw a shoe across a room. I really hope that this one works....if not, I may just send up smoke signals instead. ARRGH!!!!

ok....I'm done griping now. Wow! I feel much better now!!!

© Copyright 2007 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520528-71107