*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519986-Chapter-Four
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1288103
After an armed robbery takes place, the police of Mt. Narza must solve the mystery.
#519986 added July 8, 2007 at 10:11pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Four:
Chapter Four:

‘Yeah? Ashley?’ called Josh, getting concerned. No answer. Josh got up along with Michael, Neil and Susan.

When they saw Ashley lying on the ground, crumpled, they went into the interview room, where they saw “tattoo” sitting calmly at the table.
‘What the f*** did you do to her, you bastard?!’ Josh roared.
‘Josh, please,’ said Susan, coming up from Ashley’s side to restrain him.
By now all the Mt. Confer police, except for Emma and Craig, were at the scene, in the hall where the interview room was located.
‘What’s going on here?!’ said Craig coming up. He scowled.
‘Josh, go answer the phone,’ he added, seeing that Josh was agitated.
‘Now,’ he continued. ‘Julie, go call and ambulance, Michael and Jacob, take him,’ Craig nodded in the direction of “tattoo” ‘to the cell. Mark and Susan take Ashley to the kitchen. The rest of you, back to your jobs.’
Craig went back to his office mumbling about “two cops in hospital”.
Craig was the “boss” of the station. He had Grey hair, and was medium built. He loved Chinese food, much too the disgust of Michael. He had 2 kids, Tom and Bell and 3 grandkids, Lisa, Laura and Sam. He hated cockroaches and spiders. His wife was Samantha.
As he reached the door, he looked over his shoulder at Josh and said ‘Josh, who was that on the phone?’
‘They hung up before I answered’ replied Josh.
‘Okay.’
Craig went into his office.

‘He hit her damn hard,’ said Mark.
‘I know,’ said Jacob.
The main room became quiet for a few minutes as the officers worked on the computers.
Buzz! Went the intercom, indicating someone was at the front desk.
‘I’ll get it,’ said Jacob, standing up. But Kelly beat him too it.
‘Hello,’ said Kelly entering the front room.
‘What can I do for you?’ she asked a well dressed lady with blonde hair and a badge saying “Teller” on a white shirt with “Mt. Confer Bank” on it in red letters.
‘Umm yes, I rang but no one answered so I came down here, but anyway, I would like to report an armed robbery at the Mt. Confer Bank. She replied.
‘Ahh right,’ said Kelly, guessing it was her who had rung earlier. ‘We’ll send someone over.’
The teller smiled. ‘Thank you.’
Kelly went to Craig’s office.
‘Come in,’ Craig answered in reply to Kelly’s knocks.
‘Boss, there's been an armed robbery at Mt. Confer Bank.’ Kelly said.
‘Did you get a description?’ Craig asked.
‘No,’ replied Kelly.
Craig sighed and went to the main room.
‘Senior constable Fie? Go with constable Tark to the Mt. Confer Bank.’
‘Why?’ she asked.
Craig scowled.
‘Just out of curiosity,’ she added quickly.
‘There's been an armed robbery at Mt. Confer Bank.’

         *          *          *          

Kelly and Susan had just arrived at the ban, when a police modified white Holden pulled up behind them.
Mark?’ Susan called out to no one.
Mark hopped out, clipboard in hand.
         ‘Hi,’ he said. ‘I thought I’d surprise you.’

As they entered the bank, Kelly noticed many tellers with white faces.
They must have been pretty scared,’ muttered Mark to the others.
‘I know,’ replied Susan.
They came up to a lady with a badge which “Manager”, and Mark introduced himself, Kelly and Susan.
‘Good morning, I’m detective senior constable Zamby, and this is senior constable Fie and constable Tark.’
‘Hello,’ replied the manager. ‘Umm… do whatever you need to do.’ She forced a slight smile.
Kelly drifted away from the conversation. She looked at all the frightened faces. She wondered what it would be like to have a gun pointed at your face. Terrible she guessed.
She turned back to the conversation.
‘Now, we need a room to interview staff,’ said Mark.
‘How about the back room?’ suggested the manager.
‘That will do,’ said Susan
‘I’ll take you there,’ the manager said.


© Copyright 2007 Little Scribbler (UN: matt_dodwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Little Scribbler has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519986-Chapter-Four