*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519997-Chapter-Eleven
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1288103
After an armed robbery takes place, the police of Mt. Narza must solve the mystery.
#519997 added July 8, 2007 at 10:19pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Eleven:

Ring ring. Ring ring. Kelly hung up.
‘No answer,’ she said.
‘Right,’ said Neil. ‘Everyone. Remember what I told you. We’re going in.’
Josh went to get the bulletproof vests, and Susan got the ammunition.
They came back and handed it out.
A few minutes later the police were on the road.

When they arrived, the restaurant was full and smelt of food. Neil opened the door, and the officers spread out in the restaurant. Mr. Vonice came over, as all the guests were silent and watching the police.
‘Now what do you want?’ He asked. ‘You are not making a good impression of this restaurant by showing your faces around here with guns. Please leave.’
‘No. I think we’ll stay,’ said Neil. He nodded and Kelly, Susan, Michael and Josh went towards the basement door. They kick it opened and pointed their guns at the two people standing behind the door.  Kelly, Susan and Josh went down the stairs.
We they reached the bottom of the stairs they went through the small hallway. They quickly surrounded every one.
‘Where are the other two officers?’ Snarled Josh.
         A man pointed to the shed and Kelly and Josh ran to it. Josh opened it and saw Jacob, Julie and the missing Erik Saletae.
         ‘MC05 to MC02,’ Josh spoke to Neil through his handheld two-way radio. ‘Kelly and I have found Jacob and Julie. We’ve also found Erik Saletae, the missing man.’
         ‘Roger that MC05,’ replied Neil from upstairs. ‘Watch the people down there. A car from Sladin is coming to pick them up. They want to investigate this.’

         *          *          *          

It was 4pm the next day after Jacob and Julie had been captured at the Buzzle restaurant. It was also the day Marks partner Detective Senior Constable Ashley Carn would return to work after being punched in the head by “Tattoo”.
‘Here she comes,’ said Susan pointing to a yellow commodore. Ashley car pulled up, and she hopped out, after kissing her husband, Dan, who was driving. Susan waved.
‘Hello everyone,’ Ashley said as she came through. ‘I’ve come back to work. Did you miss me?’
Ashley said hello to everyone, then went to her office with Mark, and he handed her a manilla folder with the reports from the armed robbery.
‘There was an armed robbery just after “Tattoo” hit you,’ said Mark.
‘Is “Tattoo” the man who we caught?’ asked Ashley.
‘Yeah. Michael called him that,’ replied Mark as Ashley read the reports before handing it back.
‘It sounds like the type of robbery Daniel Clark did. Cut the power  and go straight in. But, I think he still has two years to go.
‘Who’s Daniel Clark?’ asked Mark.
‘Oh, he was an armed robber who was robbing everyone at gunpoint. I think you were on holidays when we caught him.’
‘Well, maybe he got parol,’ said Mark.
‘Yeah, maybe.’
She searched on her computer while Mark watched.
‘Bingo!’ She said. ‘Daniel Clark was released exactly 20 days ago, on parol and he moved to Sladin.’ She looked at Mark.
‘It wouldn’t be hard to drive to Mt. Confer. It’s only 50 kilometres away. Half an hour drive.’
‘Yep, it’s probably him,’ said Mark. ‘Lets go get him.’

© Copyright 2007 Little Scribbler (UN: matt_dodwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Little Scribbler has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519997-Chapter-Eleven