*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519998-Chapter-Twelve
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1288103
After an armed robbery takes place, the police of Mt. Narza must solve the mystery.
#519998 added July 8, 2007 at 10:19pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Twelve:
Chapter Twelve:


‘He’s not home,’ said Ashley.
Ashley, Mark, Josh and Susan were at 84 Moth Street in Sladin, the home of Daniel Clark.
The five drove back to the station, disappointed at not making an arrest.

‘Look at the time,’ said Ashley when they arrived back at the station. ‘My shift’s up, so I’m going home.’
‘Oh shut up,’ teased Julie with a smile. ‘Besides. I get to stay here with Neil, Mark and Susan.’ She stuck her tongue out playfully.
‘Okay, you do that,’ replied Ashley with a smile. ‘Dans here so bye bye.’ She waved as she left.
‘Its been a busy day,’ she said when she got in the car. ‘I’ve been to Sladin and back and done a whole lot of paperwork. So,’ she said slyly. ‘You can cook,’
‘Lets get pizza,’ said Dan with a laugh. He drove down to Shop Road where “Bobs Pizza and Pies”, the local pizza shop was.
‘Damn, their shut,’ he said.
‘They shouldn’t be. It’s only 6pm,’ replied Ashley.
Dan drove past and Ashley looked in the window and saw a man with a gun, pointing it at Bob.
‘Oh my god,’ said Ashley. Dan, pull up at the next shop.’
Dan did as he was told.
‘Here,’ she said passing Dan her phone. ‘Call Mark and tell him that Daniel Clark is robbing Bobs.’ She grabbed her gun and left, leaving Dan to dial Marks number.
‘Hey Ash,’ said Mark on the other end of the phone. ‘What can I do for you?’
‘It’s Dan,’ said Dan. ‘Ashley said to call and tell you that Daniel Clark is robbing Bobs Pizza and Pies.’
‘Tell her to stay where she is,’ instructed Mark.
‘She’s already gone,’ he replied.
Mark sighed and hung up.

Meanwhile Ashley was about to enter the pizza shop. She opened it and pointed her gun a Daniel.
‘Put it down. Now,’ she growled, and Daniel dropped the gun and placed his hands on his head.
In the distance, she heard Sirens.
‘Your in s*** now,’ she said.

*          *          *
The next day when Ashley came to work, she went straight to “Tattoos” cell, and brought him to the interview room.
‘Sit down,’ instructed Ashley. “Tattoo sat down.
‘You know,’ she continued. ‘If you cooperated, you could have gone by now. We would have given you a fine. But assaulting ME,’ she said yelling “me”, ‘just gave you a couple of years in prison. So don’t make it worse and just tell ME YOUR NAME,’ she said yelling now.
‘DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND BITCH. I HIT YOU AND I’M NOT TELLING YOU MY NAME,’ replied “Tattoo”.
‘DON’T YOU YELL AT ME,’ Ashley yelled back. She breathed out. ‘Josh take him to his cell, then get Daniel.’

‘You yell loud,’ mentioned Mark when Ashley came out of the interview room. ‘I could hear you from the kitchen.’ 
‘Har har,’ said Ashley sarcastically. ‘Can you make me a coffee? I’m going to interview Daniel and I want something to look forward too when I come out.’
Mark grinned.
Ashley returned to the interview where Josh had Daniel Clark waiting.
‘Daniel Clark,’ said Ashley sitting down. ‘You were released on parol twenty days ago and now your robbing a pizza store. Did you enjoy prison that much?’
‘No,’ mumbled Daniel.
‘So why did you rob the pizza store?’
‘Prison changed me. Now I’m a poet. I was writing a piece on crime but I got stuck. Wanna hear it?
Here lies a great lot of cash,
Enough for me to – ’
         ‘I think that’s enough,’ said Ashley quickly. ‘Why did you rob Bobs? Wasn’t a bank good enough?’
         ‘What bank?’ asked Daniel.
© Copyright 2007 Little Scribbler (UN: matt_dodwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Little Scribbler has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519998-Chapter-Twelve