*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519999-Chapter-Thirteen
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1288103
After an armed robbery takes place, the police of Mt. Narza must solve the mystery.
#519999 added July 8, 2007 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Thirteen:
Chapter Thirteen:

The next day Ashley, Mark, Josh and Kelly drove down to down to Daniel home in Sladin. Mark kicked open the door and the four officers went inside.
         ‘Alright,’ said Ashley. This house is only so big. Split up. We’re looking for $8 000. Lets go.’
         They split up. Ashley and Mark went upstairs, while Josh and Kelly stayed down on the ground floor. They were alone.
         ‘Um, Kelly?’ Josh asked. ‘Um, you know how you’re single, and I’m single?’
         ‘Yes.’ Kelly blushed
‘Well, I was wondering, if you would maybe like to go have dinner tonight?’
‘Um,’ said Kelly thinking.
‘It’s okay if you don’t want to,’ said Josh quickly.
‘I… I’d love to,’ said Kelly blushing.
‘Uh, great,’ said Josh. ‘7:00pm tonight?’ Kelly nodded, still blushing.

‘Come on lovebirds,’ said Ashley walking down the stairs. Kelly stared at her. Had she been listening?
‘Anyone would think you guys are planning a date,’ Ashley continued. Kelly sighed with relief. Ashley didn’t know.
Kelly put on her gloves and Josh did the same.
‘Hey? Ashley. Come here,’ called Mark
‘Gotta go,’ said Ashley climbing the stairs.

She ran to the room where Mark was searching. He was holding up a small bag with $100 notes inside.

*          *          *

‘Only $6 400,’ said Mark. ‘He must have spent some,’ said Mark, putting the money away.
‘It must be him. Not many people have $6 400 in a small bag,’ commented Susan.
‘Lets question him,’

Mark and Ashley went to the interview room, while Susan brought Daniel from cell three.

‘Sit down Daniel,’ said Mark. Daniel sat. We searched your house today. Know what we found?’
‘No,’ Daniel said.
‘We found $6 400 in a small bag. Money stolen in the bank robbery.’
‘It’s not that,’ mumbled Daniel.
‘Then what is it?’ asked Ashley.
‘Debt money,’ Daniel replied. ‘I owe $9 000 in racehorse.’
‘Right,’ said Ashley sarcastically. ‘Interview suspended at 10:03am.’ She switched off the tape recorder, and she and Mark left the interview room.
‘She's here!’ someone called excitedly from the main room. ‘Emma’s back!’









© Copyright 2007 Little Scribbler (UN: matt_dodwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Little Scribbler has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/519999-Chapter-Thirteen