*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520000-Chapter-Fourteen
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1288103
After an armed robbery takes place, the police of Mt. Narza must solve the mystery.
#520000 added July 8, 2007 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Fourteen:
Chapter Fourteen:

         ‘So, did you guys miss me?’ Emma asked.
         
After Emma had arrived and everyone crowed around her welcoming her back. But then, Craig had come out and said:
         ‘Okay, that’s enough. Let Senior Constable Woreen go back to her job. Wait Senior Constable Woreen? There are some things I need you for.’
         He had gone in and hugged her lightly and kissed her on the cheek.
         ‘No fair,’ Kelly had said. ‘He should wait his turn.’
         But when she came out, it was back to work.

         ‘Yeah, we missed you,’ said Josh. The two were on patrol.
         ‘They were silent for a few minutes, and Emma looked out the window. Nothing was happening. She glanced out the window and saw a man throw his cigarette butt on the road.
         She saw a flashback…

         The car came up, took one look at Emma and threw something into the bushes. Then, he looked at the road and steered out of the way of the speed traps.

‘Oh my god,’ said Emma quietly to herself.
‘What was that?’ asked Josh.
‘Drive down to Osprey Road,’ said Emma. ‘The day we caught “Tattoo”, before we got him, he chucked his wallet into the bushes. I know it.’
Josh drove towards Osprey Road. When they arrived, Emma rushed down to where the speed traps were laid and got on her hands and knees. She searched through the grass. Josh joined her.
‘Is this it?’ He asked, holding up a small leather object. A wallet.
‘His name is Nathan Bloog. He’s from Mt. Isa.’
‘I wonder what he’s doing here’ said Emma.
‘Lets go find out.’

         *          *          *          

‘Sit down Nathan. We know who you are.’
‘Don’t look surprised. You should have known we’d find you wallet,’ said Mark.
‘What we want to know before Bowen Police take you to the watch house, is why you’re in Mt. Confer?’
‘I was going on a business trip in Cairns, but then I got sick. But I got better a couple of days before the meeting, so I was going to go. My wife thinks I’m in Cairns, and the guys in Cairns thinks I’m in Mt. Isa.
‘Why were you drunk?’ asked Mark.
‘I was drinking at the hotel,’ Nathan replied.
‘Okay then,’ said Ashley as she and Mark stood up and left. Emma escorted Nathan Bloog to cell one.

While they walked to their office, Mark brought up the bank robbery.
‘You know,’ he said. I don’t think Daniel Clark did the robbery. You said that Daniel cut off the power, but the bank had lights on when the robbery took place. I think a staff member robbed them.
‘A staff member?’ asked Ashley. ‘Why?’
‘Well, the gunman asked for $8 000, the exact amount. Not a lot of cash..’ Mark said as they entered the office. ‘If you were robbing a bank, wouldn’t you ask for more? And, they knew where the silent alarm switches were, so he told them to move away from them. And, finally, the cameras were switched off.’
‘You’ve got a point. Who do you think did it?’
Mark thought for a minute.
‘I think that it was done by… Anna Pilly!’
© Copyright 2007 Little Scribbler (UN: matt_dodwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Little Scribbler has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520000-Chapter-Fourteen