*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520001-Chapter-Fifteen
Rated: 13+ · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1288103
After an armed robbery takes place, the police of Mt. Narza must solve the mystery.
#520001 added July 8, 2007 at 10:21pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Fifteen:
Chapter Fifteen:

‘Anna Pilly?’ Asked Ashley. She was at the doctors. Why could it be her?’
‘Well, Sharon said she went to the doctors, but she didn’t look sick. Sharon also said Anna and her husband were poor. It all makes sense.’
‘I guess,’ said Ashley. ‘Lets go tell the boss, then go make an arrest.’
Ashley and Mark stood up and walked to Craig Dowl’s office.
         ‘Uh, boss?’ said Mark. We’ve got something to tell you.’
         ‘What is it?’
         ‘It’s about the Mt. Confer bank robbery. We think its Anna Pilly, a bank teller at the bank.’
         ‘Do you have anything to back this up?’
         Well,’ said Ashley. ‘They knew where the silent alarm switches were, so she told them to move away from them, so the tellers wouldn’t call for help. The cameras were switched off and the gunman asked for $8 000, the exact amount. And, She told Sharon that she’d gone to the doctors, but she wasn’t sick. And Sharon told Mark that Anna needed the money.’
‘Well, you have got evidence. Get someone to arrest them with you,’ replied Craig.

Ashley and Mark walked out of the office.
‘Emma? Susan?’ Ashley called. ‘Come with us. We’re going to Anna Pilly’s house.’

The officers pulled up outside Anna’s house. The grass in the yard was overgrown, and the white paint on the two-story house was peeling off. The once red tile roof was now dirty. There were car-bodies in the yard and in the garage, so their car, a green four-wheeled-drive was in the street.

‘This place needs a make over,’ commented Ashley.
The four police officers climbed the stairs up to the door, and knocked on the door. No answer. Ashley went to knock again, but Marks yell made her stop.
‘Anna,’ he yelled to a woman running towards the green four-wheeled-drive. He run down the stairs, with Ashley, Susan and Emma close behind him. The car pulled away.
They hopped in their cars and drove off after her. Unfortunately, just as Mark and Ashley were catching up to Anna, a slow old lady pulled up in front of them. Mark honked his horn. She drove even slower. Mark angrily
         Meanwhile, Susan and Emma were having no trouble catching up. Anna was going straight down Confer Drive.
         ‘She’s going to the Highway,’ said Susan, pleased. ‘We’ll catch her than.’
         Suddenly, Anna turned onto the dirt road, which led to the old car yard.
         ‘You think she might confront us in here?’ asked Emma turning to Susan.
         ‘Maybe,’ said Susan
         ‘Mt. Confer 691 to Mt. Confer 902. Anna’s turned into the car yard,’ said Emma. ‘We suspect          she might pull a gun on us.’
         ‘Roger that Mt. Confer 691,’ replied Ashley.
         ‘Mt. Confer 691 to Mt. Confer 001. Copy?’ Emma then asked the station.
         ‘Mt. Confer 001 to Mt. Confer 691, copy,’ answered Josh on the other line. ‘What is it Emma?’
         ‘We’re chasing Anna through the car yard. We believe she might pull a gun on us. We need some backup.’
         ‘Roger that Mt. Confer 691. We’ll send back up now. Two officers?’
         ‘Yep. Two cops will do,’ replied Emma.

         By now, Anna was pulling up, at the end of the road. Emma and Susan pulled up and got out. Ashley and Mark pulled up seconds later and did the same. The officers pulled out their guns
         ‘Put your hands where I can see them,’ ordered Mark.
         Anna did as she was told. 

         *          *          *          

         Josh put on his blue gloves. He, Michael, Kelly, Jacob, Julie and Ashley were at Anna’s house to search for the $8 000 in stolen bank money.
         He entered the house, and started in the main bedroom.
         He opened the chest of draws. In the first draw were Mr. Pilly’s shirts and shorts. He searched for five minutes before moving to the next draw. It contained Mr. Pilly’s socks and underwear. Then he searched through Anna’s shirts, skirts, shorts and lastly bras and underwear.
After that, he went through the Pilly's cupboard and under their bed.
         After that, he moved to the kitchen.

         An hour later, the six officers met up in the lounge room. They hadn’t found the money yet, and they had searched almost all the house. When they split up, Ashley and Josh were going search the study, and Michael and Kelly were searching the garage. Jacob and Julie had gone to the shed, at the back of the yard with the key found in the kitchen. Ashley searched through the filing cabinet, while Josh went through the messy desk.
         ‘MC08 to Mc05.’ Jacobs voice came through Josh’s hand held radio.
         ‘MC05 to MC08,’ replied Josh. ‘Go ahead Jacob.’
         ‘We’ve found the money. It’s in a cellar under the ground.’
         ‘We’ll be right up.’
         Michael, Kelly, Ashley and Josh rushed up to the shed.
         When they got there, a filing cabinet had been pushed away, and a carpet rolled up. A cellar door was opened and a ladder was in it. Julie was kneeling on the ground, counting the money. She looked up.
‘Its all here.’

© Copyright 2007 Little Scribbler (UN: matt_dodwell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Little Scribbler has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520001-Chapter-Fifteen