*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520842-5-of-Cups
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#520842 added July 12, 2007 at 8:33pm
Restrictions: None
5 of Cups
I purchased a set of used Tarot cards the other day----an odd, over-sized deck The Rohrig Tarot---and today pulled the 5 of Cups----and the big glaring word on the card was:DISAPPOINTMENT. I hate the image on the card and almost decided to return it to the deck and pull another. But.....decided I'd go with this anyway.

The card pictures a giant granite slab perched in a field, beside a dried up creek bed, with a thin rivulet of water running through----the megalithic stone nearly obscures the sky, which seems to be awash with the Aurora Borealis.

So---I pulled this entity in anticipation of participating in terryjroo 's 21 days of poetry challenge. "Invalid Item......it doesn't seem like a good omen....but....

beneath the stratified layers of rock
indolence, stubborness, fear
courses a small clear stream
and above celestial lights play on
as water drip by incessant drip
wears away even stone

So I have decided that this is a sign to forge on through stumbling blocks of limited time, imagination, and desire to access that poetic stream that I know eternally courses through me, and to find a way around, over and through obstacles obstructing that stream and just write, and write, and write till resistance melts away.

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520842-5-of-Cups