*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520170-my-enchanted-rose
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#520170 added July 9, 2007 at 6:30pm
Restrictions: None
my enchanted rose
I bought an enchanted rose at the theater yesterday for my granddaughter Annabella. We had gone to see a production of Beauty and the Beast.

It glimmered in the darkness of the theater---but not nearly as brightly as my own enchanted rose in her blue-and-white sundress and sparkly ruby slippers. At almost 5, Annabella is an undisputed princess among her three brothers and quite fervent in her likes and dislikes.

I suppose of all the Disney princesses, and my granddaughter is a devotee, that Belle is my favorite. She is bookish, kind, loving, and brave----doesn't need saving by a prince, but rather saves him. Not a completely odious role-model.

The local production by an "amateur" theater group was stunning. The costumes were magnificent, the settings inventive and effective, and the singing and choreography superb! I look forward to many more theater outings with all of my grandkids. Kyler, at 7, was invited, but declined, thinking this ''''was for girls"....

My first attendance at live theater was back in Pittsburgh, and a school field trip to see the "Fantastics"-----then my eigth-grade English teacher introduced us to the free performances of the Red Masquers of Duquesne University---saw everything from Midsummer Night's Dream to Death in the Cathedral.

I can only hope to provide the grandbabes with a small smattering of theater, music, magic, and wonder.

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/520170-my-enchanted-rose