*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/524412-Berlin-Thoughts-about-cardinals-and-jays
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#524412 added July 29, 2007 at 3:42pm
Restrictions: None
Berlin. Thoughts about cardinals and jays.
Berlin

And its summers of whores walking streets;
autumns of whores dressing windows,
rimmed with hoarfrost in winter.

Open bosomed lust in your twenties,
Crying the bust of the thirties,
followed by horrors of blood-lusty war.

How shall we remember you?

Walled in, a cankerous sore;
free, a cantankerous whore;
dressed up in flesh, frost and gore.

© Kåre Enga [164.149] 07-07-28

Sounds bitter? Well I'm not ... well maybe, but not about Berlin ... The images just came while thinking how a city of fun ('20s) became a city of pain ('30s-'40s), a city walled apart, ('60s, '70s, '80s) and how it must reinvent itself once more. What part of its past shall be remembered?

IMAGES:

KMA/Headhunters: white fragrant angel trumpets; rose prickles of ricinus; faint fragrance of sunflowers taller than me; dusky purple upright pods of okra; rose-colored coleus; white stars of tobacco; oak leafed hydrangea.

Today: pink Naked Ladies. Say what? Nice pics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaryllis

THOUGHTS:

About the cardinal: the cowbird's mother; red sentinel of snowdrifts and icicles; songsters of tall trees and lilac bushes; red ornament of the pine.

About the jay: blue-grey clad crow; eater of eggs; thief among fowl; noisy friend or foe; a genocide of jays (like a murder of crows ...).

NOTE:

If I become a tiny member of WDC on the 31st for a week do not despair! I'll just be renewing my account. Need to decide whether the upgrade or premium level is best. I could definitely use more storage for items and images. Speed and comfort are not an issue and although 'web-pages' would be nice, I haven't been impressed with what I see around here (I'd need to ask for technical help, too).
22,395

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/524412-Berlin-Thoughts-about-cardinals-and-jays