*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/525967-Knight-of-Swords--2-of-Swords
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#525967 added August 5, 2007 at 1:12pm
Restrictions: None
Knight of Swords--2 of Swords
signature by crumbled cookie

St. Paul is the saint associated with the Knight of Swords in the Tarot of the Saints. St. Paul proves that the pen is mightier than the sword and that words are more influential than force. When I was pulling the cards this AM--I turned the deck over and the last card was the 2 of swords--2 minds coming together to engage in dialogue or to debate in peace--so that truth can emerge and wisdom be found.

I am currently dealing with these issues in my personal life---certainly knew that truth needed to be spoken but also that it needs to be tempered with wisdom, compassion, and good judgement.

Swords are the realm of thought----so as it is back-to-school tax-free week here in Florida, I'm celebrating with a book fest.

Last night bought the Poet's Market for 2008--at the check-out I spied a book entitled Writing to Change the World--I was tempted to buy it but put it back. After my card pull this morning I reconsidered---went to Amazon.com----ordered that book ----used---at a great discount----and also ordered;A Portable MFA in Creative Writing-----and by one of my favorite poets Mary Oliver A Poetry Handbook-----now all I need is a little mermaid lunchbox and I'm ready.....


mermaid in a jar





Wendell Berry said, "Better than any argument is to rise at dawn and pick dew-wet red berries in a cup."



© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/525967-Knight-of-Swords--2-of-Swords