*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527837-What-the-waves-knew
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#527837 added August 13, 2007 at 1:25pm
Restrictions: None
What the waves knew
What the waves knew

Red sails
in the sunset,
one woman, one dead man,
blood drying in the sunlit sand:
rubies.

© Kåre Enga 2007 [164.170a] 2007 August 12

Thoughts:


Perhaps prompts for further writing:

And at the end of this slushy road of winter: one wet spring.

In the blue shadow of a snowdrift: one red wing.

Me:


We are having temps near 100º every day. I stay in the a/c as much as possible.

Finished reading Body in the Basement. Light summer reading. The cinquain above was inspired by the tale. I also loved the quote about the Maine shore, "If you want to speak to God, it's a local call from here." It would make a good writing prompt.

Well my writing may be suffering, but my private journal just hit the milestone of 1,300 pages.

Blogville:


lizco252 has been dealing with multiple deaths, illness and dying.

ksweaver laments that the kids are gone!

vivacious : "Thomas is growing ... from parasite to succubus". Her birthday has just passed. (But I bet she'd still take gifts. *Bigsmile*)

Eagle~The Cowboy's Wife has photos of Pike's Peak in her blog and here: "Invalid Item

ShellySunshine is baaaaack! She mentions that on their vacation to Lake Michigan the children were 'pool fishes' rather than 'beach babies'. I told her I'm more like a 'bathtub baby'. *Bigsmile* She also asks in "Invalid Entry whether married women can have male friends.
22,778

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527837-What-the-waves-knew